RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2005 calender

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 calender
    Posted: 02 December 2004 at 08:35
when will the ( perhaps even provisional) calender be available?
Mike n Cath View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike n Cath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 09:43

Harry
We've put together the Fastsail events list which includes some probable Hornet events as identified by Tom a month or two back
http://www.fastsail.org/2005events.html

As usual further details on events and current issues can be found on the http://www.fastsail.org web site.

If you are online during the day between Monday to Friday there are usually half a dozen or so using the chat box, including a couple of Horneteers, chatting about everything and anything to do with sailing, events etc.

Happily wearing our cardies
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 17:34

I'm looking for inspiration/feedback from the members. Essentially what do you want next year?

This directed at those who travel on the open circuit and those who would be interested in the next year.

Some fundamental questions need to be answered before I can go much further with the scheduling.

1. where you want to go (and where do you not want to go)

2. when do you want to start (Easter or at least within April?)

3. How often should we hold opens (currently in it approximately every 3 weeks between May and August)

4. Do you think we should be joining other Fastsail events/classes to boost our numbers, open up other venues, spread the word, to supplement our circuit?

To give you an idea of this coming year, this has been suggested (note a number of clubs and classes have not been approached so if you are one of these, please don't panic):

April - Maldon for Hornet Easter Egg

14 May Fastsail try aboat/training Rutland SC - confirmed but optional

15 May Fastsail Short Course Regatta Rutland SC

28/29 May Late May Day B/H  Port Dinorwic -

Mid June  ?? An option would be to ask the Ospreys if we could share Poole YC open 11/12 (this would act as the SW open)

25/26 June   Fastsail joint regatta Southwold SC - confirmed but optional

2/3 July   Sandwich SC - confirmed by Duncan with Eric

Mid/late Jul ?? Ideas Race Training?

August    Dale Nationals - can someone please post the dates!!

24/25 September   Netley SC not confirmed8/9 October  SGP Rutland - confirmed

Final Fling Stone - no date confirmed

All thoughts very welcome

Tom

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 12:06

Tom

I may be able to arrange a 1 day event at Bartley - despite disparaging comments from some PDSC members we can offer good racing!!

I dont want to waste time asking the Q if there is no interest. We have 2 boats racing at pres, soon to be 3.

Duncan West View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 12:11

the open on 28th29th may at pdsc is confermed,

as for sailing at Bartley I wouldbe happy and enjoy a tripback there.

its very central to all sailors.

Happy new year, Duncan.

am all ready for my winter trip to Spain !!!!

Ken Newing View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Newing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2005 at 13:41

Tom

After attending the 2004 Final Fling at Carsington (only 5 entries) it was felt by competitors there that the venue although suitable was possibly too far North!

For the future  to (possibly) ensure a higher turnout for the Fling, it has been suggested that it should happen at a Hornet Club and slightly earlier.

As for an Open at Bartley - great - hope to be there.

Regards to All

Ken 2075 PDSC

Ken Newing
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 09:27

Dear All,

The 2005 sailing calendar is nearly complete, we are just awaiting confirmation of the Stone open dates for July.

Sadly there has been a very limited response regarding Bartley or race training so currently we are not in a position to schedule anything for these. This is very disappointing as there have been 98 viewings of this particular subject, but only a handful of people are responding.

There is still time to make arrangements for further events but the date optons will become more limited as the start of the new season approaches.

More details, contact, etc. will follow for the confirmed events.

9/10 April          Maldon - Confirmed

14/15 May Fastsail try aboat/training & Short Course Regatta Rutland SC - confirmed but optional

28/29 May Port Dinorwic - Confirmed

18/19 June Sandwich - Confirmed

25/26 June   Fastsail joint regatta Southwold SC - confirmed but optional

9/10 or 16/17 July   Stone To be Confirmed

7- 12 Aug          Dale Nationals - Confirmed

24/25 September   Netley SC - Confirmed

8/9 October  SGP Rutland Confirmed

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2005 at 12:47

Tom

I will still canvass a date with Bartley, now that I have a framework to go on. I would need a firm commitment from say 6 boats to make it viable - not counting the 2 current Bartley boats.

Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 12:50

Confirmation of 2005 Hornet Events:

9/10 April     Maldon 

14/15 May Fastsail try aboat/training & Short Course Regatta Rutland SC 

28/29 May Port Dinorwic

8/19 June Sandwich

25/26 June   Fastsail joint regatta Southwold SC 

16/17 July   Stone

7-12 Aug  Dale Nationals 

24/25 September   Netley SC 

8/9 October  SGP Rutland

There is still a possibility of an event at Bartley depending upon demand (I realise not many of you are taking an interest in the forum at the moment, but as the start of the season approaches I hope we will have a few more responses).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic