RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Champs at Stone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2008 Champs at Stone
    Posted: 06 August 2007 at 13:22

The champs will be held at Stone, Essex, 9 - 15 August 2008. More details follow. Please note entry form will be available shortly, with late entry increase rather than any early entry incentive. On site camping, entertainment, "meal deal" will be offered.

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 08:42

Caroline Barnett from Stone has contacted me with a concern - she has written ( by mail) to a number of members trying to establish who has what boats at their club, with a view to direct mailing the owners about the Stone champs. She has had not one reply. She is putting a lot of effort into the champs and I suspect she is a bit p****d off.

We need to communicate our intentions to attend to her ( I havent entered yet, but have booked my accom. This is so important because Stone have been approached by the Shearwater class to share the event! they predict c. 18 boats

I would not relish sharing, apart from organisational / course issues I wanted us to have a pure Hornet event at a Hornet stronghold. Caroline has agreed to postpone a decision until New Year.

So, please, when you have free time over Xmas

post on here if you are going to Stone,

if you had a letter from Caroline, ring her with the info,

post here your reaction to the Shearwater sharing idea

Harry

John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 13:53

We will be going - various elements of my family live up the road. Sorry not to reply to Caroline, but she was asking for names and addresses of any other Hornet sailors at our club. As she had just written to the only one, we figured a reply was not necessary.

As for sharing with the Shearwaters (or any other class come to that), let's wake up and vote for a championship with lots of sailors on the water and well-attended socials. I've got no objections!

Jon Bailey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 16:14
Lewis and I will definately be there with one of the new boats (once it has been built!)
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2007 at 19:24

There are two Hornets at the Downs: me 'n' the 'ol man are going but have not enetered yet. Eric Styles (GBR 2142) would like to go but Richard has moved to Oz so will need to find a crew.

Clint

Duncan West View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 11:20
i will be coming to Stone
Duncan
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 15:49
As will we.
Duncan West View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 14:10

Save 20 and enter the Nationals before the end of the month, late entry will apile in July.

Enter Now http://www.stonesc.co.uk/

See you there

Duncan
denmtr View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denmtr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 13:01

Hi all,

Just a quick update from Stone on the Europeans. We currently have 22 entries with another 4 promised.

If you haven't entered yet - why wait?? Go to www.stonesc.co.uk or www.stonesailing.org.uk download the entry form and send it off today!! It would be great to get to the magic 30 if we can!!!

Looking forward to it all, see you all there.

Den
Hornet 2101

NED-154 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NED-154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 07:06

We will be there aswel (again)

Carlo Brugman

NED-154

no power no glory
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic