RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011 Open Meetings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 21:04
Suspect Device  2114 will be there from Bexhill. Geoff Furlong and Jim 
jim
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 21:11
The venerable Francessa will be there too!Complete with a new top secret crew, training(!) for one of the premier formulas!! 
PS, if John S is reading - I think I need a new(er) kite - the mice enjoyed the last one, Oh poo!

PPS I'm in the study listening to the monsoon rain bouncing off the roof, and thinking, possibly camping is not up to the hype. See you all soon.
Mike O
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 08:13
Mike, call me about a kite
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 16:13
Originally posted by Harry Ashworth Harry Ashworth wrote:

Mike, call me about a kite

I'm a poet and I know it  :)
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 17:12

Hi Caroline, I have the Clifford Trophy and the Egg. Are you presenting the Egg.....  please.

I'll be down Fri eve.  Cheers Strang

John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 21:51
ah, the money-grabbing law profession get in first, as usual  Wink
Loads of kites available Mike, and masts, booms, and bumpsadaisy
but probably won't be at Stone unless persuaded otherwise
csb2101 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csb2101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:12
Hi Strang

Will be presenting the "Easter Egg"
See you Friday

Caroline
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:38
Sorry Caroline and Denise. Would love to come but unfortunately I will be revising for exams this weekend

Hope all goes well

Clint
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 17:20
Report / results as submitted to Y +Y:

Eight Hornets arrived at Stone Sailing Club for an open meeting on the 14/15 May, sailing belatedly for the Easter Egg Trophy. The event was the customary joint affair with 505s and, this year,FDs. Competitors were greeted on Saturday with a brisk westerly (stronger than forecast) blowing over the ebbing tide. The race officer reported a good F5 and saw F7 on one occasion. As a result there was a high attrition rate with most crews experiencing  gear failure and boat handling problems. There were only four finishers in the first race, three in the second and two in the third. Strangler /Pippa Rogers won races 1and 3, Harry Ashworth / Ruth Walker race 2.

Sunday brought a slightly moderated breeze from a similar direction. The first race saw seven finishers although unfortunately for them not Strangler/Pippa who suffered rudder failure while contesting the lead. Winners of all three races on Sunday were Dean Saxton / Rob Smith, however their broken centreboard in race one on Saturday spoilt their regatta. Locals Dave and Fran Wood sailed a typically consistent series finishing all 6 races but lost overall victory to Harry and Ruth by virtue of their race 2 win.

As ever Stone provided a slickly run regatta with excellent shore organisation and hospitality.

1st Harry Ashworth / Ruth Walker    Bartley SC

2nd Dave and Fran Wood                Stone SC

3rd Dean Saxton / Rob Smith         Maldon YC

Harry Ashworth

Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 21:30
Great event guys. Well done Stone! Perfect courses, perfect conditions and I'm sure the Saturday evening festivities were good too (sorry worked nights on Friday, so my bed was more tempting than beer).

Looking forward to Herne Bay now...shame there's nothing in June.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic