RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 60th Anniversary Champs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 60th Anniversary Champs
    Posted: 17 October 2011 at 10:34
I'm pleased to confirm that the champs will be held at BRIXHAM YACHT CLUB, 18 -21 August 2012.

More details follow, please note your diaries and join in. We hope to host a celebratory dinner at the event.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 09:50
Brixham is a great venue and club! It should be a fantastic championship. It's been a while since I've raced from there so I'm really looking forward to going back.

Toby
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 11:15
Great result! I negotiating crew availability now....
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2011 at 21:58
Well done H, I am negotiating brownie points now.

Err, anybody got any ideas?
Mike O
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 11:48
Is it to early to ask if anything special is being planned for the 60th?
NED-154 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NED-154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 13:48
keep us posted!!!
Might be coming in for a guest apperance (if can get a desent boat)  or to crew (if someone would have me)Wink

no power no glory
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 14:42
I am hoping to bring 191 along. How much we sail will depend on the weather, the old lady is becoming rather frail now.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 16:35
It'll be great to see her out Rog. 
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 15:17

Last Friday I travelled down to Brixham for a meeting with the club including the race officer and catering manager. They are very keen to have us and to deliver an enjoyable championship. In liaison with your committee I will be finalising details of the programme including, possibly, an anniversary dinner, shortly. To enable me to do so can I appeal for an indication through this forum of:

who will be coming,

who would be interested in the now traditional ‘meal deal’,

who would be interested in a slightly more formal (although not, hopefully, stiff) dinner, most likely on Monday, 20 August. On this last point the club has excellent facilities and can clearly cater to a decent standard in appropriate surroundings.

Just to make things clear for the first three days we will be sharing the club and dinghy park with the single-handed Byte class who are quite small in number and may, subject to confirmation, race on a separate course. They will be having their prize-giving on Monday, will have the place to ourselves for our own prize-giving on Tuesday.

crew2163 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crew2163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 19:38
hi,
2163 is now in the hands of at least one name that the class may recognise, Chris Bines and Dave Gibbons. Having had some years away we are looking forward to returning to the class, will definatly be at Brixham and looking forward to a great event and class dinner.

Watch out for "Dazed , Confused and Old" from Brightlingsea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic