RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2015 PN List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2015 PN List
    Posted: 27 February 2015 at 17:26
Ok - Who's been on the Red Bull then ?.
http://www.rya.org.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/technical/Web%20Documents/PY%20Documentation/2015%20PN%20List%20v4.pdf  Shocked

Biggest drop of everyone else, apart from the Foiling Moth.

Dick G.
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 19:02
What's made us faster? I'm a lot heavier these days!
Dick Garry View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 20:45
Having spoken to Baz & Debbie from the RYA, it's the same old problem as before - we need more results. Their analysis is based on 152 results sent in over the last 3 years.

Only four clubs sent results in for analysis during the past year - Starcross, Bala, Bartley & Blithfield, according to what i saw at the Dinghy Show.
Starcross sent 32 results in from 4 boats, while approx another dozen or so in total spread across the other clubs with one boat at each, were sent in.

Looking at our own club PY analysis & taking an educated guess, it looks like a high proportion of results for last year came from me sailing my own boat & Sam's as well. This is having a distorting effect on our PY overall.

Mark Elkington was not involved in the decision making process this time around, so was unable to fight our corner & maybe suggest a bit of lateral thinking.
Although harsh, it could have been worse as i belive our PY could have dropped to 955, based on the data they had, so we can be thankful for that i suppose.

I am sorry to be the bearer of frustrating news, but our future PY is in our own hands. Please sail your own Hornet as much as you can this year & make sure your own clubs are sending in their returns to the RYA. This can be done on a race by race basis if you so wish, rather than at the end of the analysis period.

Good sailing too you all this year & look forward to seeing you all on the circuit or at this years Nationals at Brixham.

Dick G.

Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 13:14
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic