RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2047 respray and redeck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2047 respray and redeck
    Posted: 16 July 2008 at 22:06
Hi Guys and Girls

Sorry for the long absence but back now and 2047's rebuild is in full swing. just a few questions ...... Can some one  tell me what the hell this is for Clicky.

And can it be modified in such away to allow the easier use of the spinny. also has anyone worked out a one rope system for launching the spinny n a baker boat with crew deck?

Cheers Sven  ;o)
'Slippery When Wet' 2047

www.thespitalvaults.co.uk
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 11:39
we would tell you if we could log into Facebook and see the picture
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 21:13

Hi Sven

I can see the photos just fine - if I am interpreting it correctly, the blue flat bit is the bow end of the crew deck?? Then the top piece is a 'guide' to get the kite down to size to exit the chute in front of the (snodder??? - I had to ask what that was previously!!) forestay anchor when you go for launching it.

Thus it is curved upwards at the rear edge. I have no idea what the large hole is for - I would have thought a totally smooth surface would be best. Improvements? Maybe add a large fabric 'sock'/chute to contain the kite when stowed/capsized!

I use a single rope connected to kite headboard (halyard end) and downhaul loop to launch and retrieve. The halyard comes back from the bottom of the mast, through a loop and camcleat at the rear end of the crew deck, and then loops back to the down haul. You need no more slack than is required to allow the kite to fly properley, as the downhaul end has a knack of dropping under the bow just when you don't need it! I keep promising myself I will fit a bit of elastic and a pulley to take up the slack, but haven't done it yet!!!

Hope that helps.

Mike

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 15:44
NEW LINK FOR PHOTOS 
'Slippery When Wet' 2047

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 15:45
IGNOR THE LAST LINK USE THIS ONE. CHEERS ALL 
'Slippery When Wet' 2047

alex_rogers View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 23:41

I have never seen one of these before!!!

Unusual looking bow!! - chute does not seem very faired into hull shape?

Most boats seem to just have some reinforcing for the forestay (with or without a snodder (the bit sticking forward into the chute) which the chute comes down under. presumably this is a more elaborate funnel to channel the chute into the boat but no idea why you would need it.

sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 17:09
I wonder where she is now :(
'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 20:53
why, has it been nicked? Or blown away in the gales?
sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 21:05
I had to sell her.....work made me work 6 day weeks including Sundays and she just sat unsailed of over 12months :(
'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic