RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A great big thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A great big thank you.
    Posted: 07 August 2006 at 22:30

Thanks to Eric & Cath and all at Sandwich Bay S&WSC for a fantastic week. The whole family enjoyed themselves and the sailing was fun too! Well done!

Mud of Maldon

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 07:39
Here here
Bazzer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2006 at 21:08

stevec View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 16:52

I would like to say a BIG thank you to the bar and galley staff who kept all us happy campers breakfasted on time each morning and liquefied in the evenings! They all seemed to be working 25 hour days - I hope they catch up on their sleep soon!

Well done to Sandwich Bay Y&WS Club

more power, more prizes!
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 17:21
or even Hear Hear! Excellent week, shame the weather gods didn't play, but everything else was faultless. Well done Eric and team!!
Eric Marchbanks View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Marchbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 22:20

I'm glad that we were able to keep most of you amused (accept for the rollers bit!)

Your comments are really appreciated and I have copied them and circulated to those that helped - thanks

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
Ken Newing View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Newing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 11:14

Best Championship for years  - Thanks to all at Sandwich for their efforts and for the camping.

The format was ideal and it was good to see so many families there and being close to the clubhouse there was a focal point for the enents in the evenings.

Shame about the loss of some racing but as Mike Mac said at the prizegiving - memorable reaches.

How about a Champs at Sandwich every other year?

Best wishes to all

Ken 2075

Ken Newing
surfersam View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfersam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 14:28

Will and myself thoroughly enjoyed our first championships, it was a great and wel run week, thanks all

Hornet Youth Rep
matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 15:03
I'd also like to thank everyone at Sandwich for a great event and to add the appreciation of my family. As I think I said in Duncan's questionairre thingie, making it family friendly certainly helps when trying to decide how to spend precious holiday. The friendliness of the club, the sociable nature of many people camping in (very) close proximity and the fact that everything (camping, club and sailing) were all in one location made it the best championships I've been to despite the wind. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic