RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anglesey Offshore Race 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anglesey Offshore Race 2013
    Posted: 05 August 2013 at 14:01
A Good Race attended by Myself in 2100 and 2155 from PD

'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
JohnJack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 15:39
Well Steve, though think the other Hornet was 2115 talking to them in the boating park beforehand
They had a very reputable 5th place overall as well.
Well done, there maybe another Hornet at this event next year.
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2013 at 19:15
Looks great! How did you do?
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 09:35
was great, full results are on www.redwharfbaysc.co.uk   then put AODR in to the search box top right, 
wind was up and down some of the time, shore got in the way of the wind. wind direction meant it was a run out the straits then a long fetch on port tack, to the headland off red wharf quarry, then a screaming 2 sail tight reach across the bay. wind stayed for the run down to molfra and then beat back up to the finish,
505 was 1st over the line, fireball 3rd us 5th 400's filed the gaps, phantom and blaze behind us not too far away. The reach suited the single handed single sail boats like lasers, blaze and phantom. we were glad of the wire, hiking all that way on one tack had to be hard work, wind dropped not that long after we finished, thats why there is such a long time difference between the later finishers and the boats at the front ( cats are really slow once it goes light )
great day out and we were well looked after at both ends food was lovely.
We were really pleased to see another hornet there (great pic,) sorry i didn't get a chance to chat, we were rushed to be ready, i had to wait for my babysitter to arive before i could set out from home,
we only just made the start, well 30 seconds late, start sequence was well underway before my feet left the beach.
fleet was split in to fast and slow 
2115 was 4th in fast 5th overall
2100 was 19th in fast and 35th overall
44 monohulls
10 cats
be wonderful to see a few more of you there next time.

is anyone coming to PD town regatta day on saturday?
see you all at the champs the following week, 
Jo
sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 23:10
Have to agree it was a great sail, Little on the quiet side compared to the Saturday....and what happend around Penmon point it just died???? We lost loads of places on the last leg after a broach and capsize then insult to injury a few hundred yards before the finish flat hiking and trapezing well and the rudder lifted off its pintels sending us for another swim!!

Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 22:00
Thank you for the picture of us.
I have just been trying to post some photos,
can you explain how to do it because nothing I tried worked
Thanks
Jo

sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 19:05
Hi Jo, if you load the pics on face book or similar, right click and 'copy image location'

on here click 'insert picture'

then paste the copied 'image location' into the box that says 'image url'

and Robert's your Mother's Brother

Sven 2100
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2013 at 20:31
Thanks I'll try it
Jo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic