RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle of the classes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle of the classes
    Posted: 16 May 2013 at 08:59
Not strictly an open meeting but the Boat Show Battle of th classes is being revived, this time at Southampton so should be much better.

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/169489/Battle-of-the-Classes-Pursuit-Race-returns

I've not checked our calendars yet but this is the sort of thing Hornets should be seen at and will go if I can and the class wants me to.

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 09:25
Agree we should have representation. I have no problem if you want to do it Toby.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 09:51
OK I'll see if it will work out and let people know. I'll have a chat with 'The Edge' as well as it's another local boat. Unless anyone else fancies doing it.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 22:36
I saw 'The Edge' at the club yesterday and assuming this fits in our respective Diaries we are both keen to do this event for the class.... we'll keep you posted.
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 20:37
Go for it both of you. I remember Strangler doing it in London and duly falling in just underneath me (I was on the bridge at the time - the one that goes over the pool) Was it Pippa crewing, I can't remember? Sounds like it has got to be a better venue.

Bon Chance!
Mike O
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 14:13
If he's only done it the once (and not many people are daft enough to go back for a second go) then Strang was being crewed by Dawn.

This should be a much better venue!
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2013 at 14:06
Hi Tobes, Good luck on the 22nd Sept - any chance of doing a write up for the website etc soon afterwards and emailing to John Shelton [email protected] and Tom Tom Guy ([email protected])
Strang is doing one for the Championship, so hopefully that will appear soon.
Are Dave and Martin going as well?
PS if either of you win it or get near, chat me up for a yard of ale at the dinghy ex. as extra publicity - down in one on the stand.
If you don't win all results would be good anyway as that might give an arguing point regarding our handicap against Fireball/Merlin's etc with RYA - but shouldn't say that as one of you'll win 

Eric
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 14:25
Good luck for Sunday Tobes, Who else is doing the event. Sadly I wont be able to cheer you on.
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 14:27
Good luck for Sunday Tobes, Who else is doing the event. Sadly I wont be able to cheer you on
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 14:29
Good luck for Sunday Tobes, Who else is doing the event. Sadly I wont be able to cheer you on as
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic