RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brixham 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2015 at 10:34
14 Entries received for the Championships.
(Including yours Simon).
I will post a list of names at my earliest opportunity.
Kevin
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 12:59
Anyone want to share accommodation?
http://www.brixhamholidaypark.co.uk/    very close to the club. The Sanderling apartment accom, double and twin room £479 if booked from Fri to Mon night.
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 07:49
Looks good, Corin and I will share if you can cope with that, I havent booked anywhere yet. I will send you a message,
Jo
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 21:59
We are looking for one more (or possible 2 more) to share the accommodation above with Strang, Corin and Me :-) anyone else not organised yet? X
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 22:13
Just checking with will
But I think we will take you up
On it. Unless he is bringing his girlfriend then it will just be me :-)

If you've got room for a little one.....
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 14:40
Hi All,
I'm waiting for the up-to-date entry list, but I understand that there are a number who haven't yet committed that intend to come.
As a small class we have historically been asked to offer up minimum numbers for the Championship.
We had shown 23 as our minimum number to get there. At the moment we seem to have only 14 entries so we are 6 entries short which if that was the final figure the association would have to severely dip its hand into the class association reserves .... that's your money wasted.
It would be kind if those that intend to enter but have not done so as yet, could indicate if they are sure they will be attending or not, at least that will give us a fairly accurate idea of final numbers for the event.
As a class we really ought to be able to make 25 for a Championships and it would be great if any of you know of other Hornet sailors that haven't entered and you would gently twist their arms to enter.
Whilst there are on going discussions with a Mr and Mrs Bala Williams relating to their holding of our moulds which include police intervention as well, whilst we do at least know where the moulds are, we may never be able to recover them at reasonable cost. Our hull mould appears held in-doors along with the Devon Composites deck mould, the Speed deck mould has however been left outside upside down with grass growing out of the underside of the gunwhales - it might clean up again. However, negotiations have stalled as the "Williams " have asked for proof of ownership. Martin and Dave built the last Hornet from them and I have offered the police that they will identify our property. The "Williams" have been asking for positive proof in form of a builders plate and number. We can of course see if our Speed hull fits as one option of proof, but of course that will depend on how the transom area was modified by Devon Composites and Ivor.
Unfortunately the agreement that was produced that Ivor signed is all but useless as a form of pursuit....the one big thing that scuppers the agreement is that "Ivor" agrees to keep our moulds in good condition whilst he uses them (patently the deck mould hasn't been), but it doesn't say he should return them.

SO.......we need to re-finance a new mould to move forward, or offer advertising incentive so that a builder might be interested or guarantee a number of hulls. Toby is looking at options and will report at the AGM, but at the moment there may be two or three people that would by hulls.

I mention this all now so it is understood why we can't afford at this present moment in time as an association to be spending reserves on running a Championship that loses money.....
SO please enter if you haven't and please chase up any other Hornets that you know and persuade them to enter as well.

Many thanks   
Eric
Barnesy View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 12:01
Eric - understood and fair.

2140 will be there. Hotel booked. Dates booked.
Is there anyway of posting who is actually entered? Might encourage / entice others to attend.

Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 13:30
2171 we'll be there. Accomodation booked
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 19:05
We haven't entered yet but we are coming with 2108
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
kevin View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 21:11
Apologies for not listing the paid up entries before now

Entries received are listed below:

2187 Alex Rogers

2178 Eric Marchbanks

2115 Jo Powell

2058 Roger Kelleway

2182 Kevin Burt

2136 Colin Smith

2132 Strangler

2154 Dick garry

2156 Mike Owen

2181 Dean Saxton