RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carsington Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carsington Open
    Posted: 27 April 2015 at 09:13
Hi All

I've just noticed (and informed Mike Owen) that the Carsington open NoR shows it as a three day open no two.

Mike has advised that we have been given the choice. The Javelins and 505's will both be doing a three day open (schedule is 3 races Saturday, 2+2 on Sunday and 3 on Monday).

What are peoples thoughts? Personally despite needing the time in the boat I'd probably go for two days and seven races as I may be struggling for a crew for all three days. My gut feeling is that this could be a similar story for other boats in the fleet with people wanting to get some family time in over the Bank Holiday weekend as well.

The only flip side is it's a minimum of three nights in the camp site at the pub, so people maybe be booked in anyway.... 

What are peoples thoughts?

We should really get a consensus ASAP and let Carsington know.
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 10:14
Happy to do two days, Presume you mean Sat/Sun.
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 10:43
2 days is OK with me.
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 10:55
there is another campsite close so could stay there for 2 nights its where we stayed last year.
I am happy either way with number of days, go with the majority,
Who is coming?

I would say that we should take some money from the entry and buy our own wine, I am happy to get it. The stuff they had as prizes last year was undrinkable and out of date.
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 07:54
2 days fine with me
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2015 at 14:12
We will stick with the two days as booked, as it suits the majority. I look forward to seeing you all there.

Mike O
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2015 at 14:09
Hi All,

see NoR below. We are only 2 days (Sat/Sun)

Regarding accommodation, the Pudding Rooms campsite is nearly full, but there are also sites at the Knockerdown Inn, Carsington Fields and (basic) at Upper Town Farm (see http://www.uppertownfarmleisure.co.uk/).

We have organised meals at the Club on the Saturday and Sunday nights; several of the Javelins will be around on Friday night too and will gather in the Knockerdown Inn.

Notice of Race: Javelin, 5o5 and Hornet Open 2015.

An Open Meeting for Javelins, 5o5s and Hornets is scheduled for May 23rd, 24th and 25th 2015 and will be organised by Carsington Sailing Club at Carsington Water, ASHBOURNE, Derbyshire, DE6 1SU, (tel.01629 540609).

All racing, officials and competitors shall be governed by the rules defined in the current Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2013 – 2016 including Appendix J Addendum A, except as shall be modified by the Sailing Instructions, the Rules of Carsington Sailing Club Ltd, the Rules of the appropriate Classes and the requirements of Severn Trent Water Plc.

Registration

An entry fee of £40 is required for the meeting. Booking-in will begin at 09:00.and will be located in the clubhouse, where copies of the Open Meeting Sailing Instructions will be available.

Programme of Events

3 Races (back to back) will be held on Saturday, first warning signal not before 12:30

4 Races will be held on Sunday (2 sets of 2 back to back), first warning signal at 10:30.

3 Races will be held on Monday (back to back), first warning signal at 10:30.

Advertising

For the duration of this event advertising will be designated Category C.

Courses

Courses will be Olympic Triangle.

Finishing Time Limit

Boats must finish within 15 minutes after the finish time of their class leading boat for their race to be valid.

Number of Races to Count / Discards.

The anticipated number of races in the meeting is 10. 10 races completed 8 will count with 2 discards. For 7 to 9 races there will be 1 discard. For fewer than 7 races completed, all will count.

Protests/Advisory/Arbitration Hearings.

The Advisory/Arbitration Process will be available as an alternative to full Protest.

Prize Giving.

The prize giving follow as soon as possible after the completion of the last race sailed.

Disclaimer of Liability

Competitors participating in the regatta entirely at their own risk; see rule 4 decision to race. The organising authority will not accept any liability for material damaged or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.

Insurance

Each participating boat shall be ensured with valid third party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2,000,000 per event or the equivalent.

Boat decontamination

All boats arriving at Carsington Sailing Club (Ashbourne) must be washed ensuring decontamination prior to arriving on site at Carsington sailing Club.

Contacts for the event: Chris Davies ([email protected]) Nick Arran ([email protected])

THIS NOTICE OF RACE IS LIABLE TO MODIFICATION.

Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:49
So who is actually going to Carsington?

I have the following so far....

Myself and Andy
Dawn and Simon
Stangler and Pippa
Jo and Corin
Dean and Adam
Mike Owen and guest
Class Boat
Will and Sam

Anyone else?
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:24
Can somebody please post results and a few words on the Forum. Also PLEASE something for Y&Y. We should do a separate post for the Class boat. If someone has a couple of pics and some positive words from the people who borrowed the boat at Carsington I am happy to draft something.
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 22:48
Sam and Dick won! next 3 very close one point between them, I think it was me then Strang then Toby Deen, Andy (class boat) Mike then Dawn ,
Results are on Facebook and carsington's website.
I cant copy and paste sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic