RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Championship - an appeal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship - an appeal
    Posted: 03 July 2012 at 08:23

I've started a new thread to make this stand out. The champs is due to start in 46 days time. We have 3 (THREE) entries so far - me, Kevin Burt and Jim Ingram.

Our deal with Brixham involves a minimum payment so from the class's financial point of view entry numbers are sensitive. We do not get prizes included with our entry fee, so again numbers need to be clear. Historically I have sourced prizes - I have far less time this year close to the event so am not keen to be running around at the last minute if we get a rush of entries; conversely I ain't going to buy prizes we don't need.

Further is the question of a dinner. There was some response (from the usual suspects) to my enquiry on an earlier thread about this. I had a call from a former chairman last night who was keen to attend such a function. But again, numbers? I had assumed that by this time we would have a fair idea of entries, hence could factor in extra guests in discussions with the in-house caterers at Brixham. What they can / will do is, once again, numbers sensitive.

I’m deadly serious when I say that this champs may not happen without an immediate response from the class. If you do send your entry, let me know via email to [email protected]?

Steve Cooke View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Cooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 13:14
2080 will be going but wasn't planning to pre-enter.
More power, more prizes, more pain, more glory
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 13:58

I think the problem might be that very few people see this forum for whatever reason. I think you can be sure of 5 entries from Starcross, but that's from talking to people. I need a crew, so haven't entered yet, so not sure of being there. There is talk of someone borrowing 2144 also.

I guess we can all pick up the phone and chivvy them on....
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 14:45
Harry, do you want me to email your message to all forum members? 
I can provide a list of forum members to Dean that he can use to identify those who will need a phone call...
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 15:14
Entry in post tonight. Jim has kindly lent me 2111
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 17:22
Tom, please email as suggested.
John, if they don't see this forum what planet are they on?
Sorry but I haven't got time to phone + chivvy
richard garry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 19:31
Hi Harry
Can confirm 5 boats from Starcross are coming.
Will phone and chivvy on your behalf, those who have not sent off the entry forms yet.

Dick G.
chris bines View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris bines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 20:38
hi harry

will be entering in the next few days, should be two from brightlingsea,
if the can get 2093 sorted

2163 chris bines
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 21:06
Originally posted by Harry Ashworth Harry Ashworth wrote:

Tom, please email as suggested.
John, if they don't see this forum what planet are they on?
Sorry but I haven't got time to phone + chivvy

Email sent to 98 recipients (all have viewed or used the forum in the last six months). As a bonus I might have sent the mail to some of our spammers!

The following emails bounced so please can you update your info in the forum control panel:
Some geezer called Edge
Jane (Smithy?)
Clint
Muddy of Maldon
Richard Barnes
Harry...

With regard to John's comment, some Hornet sailors are still not registered on the forum. For some their lives just see to be too busy (I know one such person as he asks me for championship details every so often!).
I'll supply the list of emails to Dean so that he can produce a phone list. I'm happy to help with the calls.
Tom
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 21:25
I'll be there, but still interviewing suitable crews, hence the delay in entering, but I wouldnt miss it for the world. No problems with email/phone list. Harry, when I get to my pc I'll forward the current membership list. Rumours Dutch/Polish coming?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic