FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedChampionship Entries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 23:44

Tom

Please let me know if you could do with some support re approach to the Royal Torbay.

Liam

Liam
Eric Marchbanks View Drop Down
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 12:04

Tom

Well done for encouraging those that have entered. Just for information, Championship Organiser is one of the most stressfull jobs to undertake, especially if entries are not forthcoming - late entries add to that stress, please please please enter early for next years championships so the class has an indication of where we are.

We are committed to pay for 30 boats, so we are still seven boats short. If you can, please come, this will be different from last time at Torbay (I wnet then and the sailing was quite good), it is a stand alone Championship, we need to wave the Hornet flag and teh Hornet Association doesn't need to be expending more funds that our income from the event (which is the case at tthe moment) in the end, that can only lead to increased subs to catch up.

Can someone Starcross way dig Joe Snawdon out of retirement as he's local?

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 10:38

I don't understand why people are so slow in entering. After all, there was an incentive from Eric (well done!) and I can only think that people are hedging their bets and waiting to see what the weather forecast is (it will probably rain). Most people have to book the week off with employers in good time, especially in the summer, so surely those that are really going will have entered by now - it's only 3 weeks away.

What are the 'official' numbers now? Anything we can do to help?

Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 11:45
29/7 to 4/8
Sunny in southern areas, showers in the north and west. Rather warm in the south, elsewhere temperatures are expected to be close to average.

www.theweatheroutlook.com

Don't forget the factor 40 and beer chiller!!!!!!!!!

Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 12:08
For those of you that have a perverse interest in class rules the latest version is now on the home page. The RYA have made some minor changes [highlighted in yellow], they are really only a refinement of the format. We intend to put this to the AGM next month to come into effect in 2008. If at a later date anomolies arise we will attempt to ignore them then correct at the next AGM.
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2007 at 16:39
Originally posted by Strangler Strangler wrote:

Don't forget the factor 40 and beer chiller!!!!!!!!!

I like your positive outlook Strang! In that case, I propose a knobbly-knee competition. We've got to be in with a chance of winning something

roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 08:37
The main reason for us not coming is that I cannot justify a whole weeks sailing to my wife or my bank account.  A shorter nationals (maybe 4 days) would suit me better.
Eric Marchbanks View Drop Down
Members
Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:40

Well as John W was not coming I was going for the grey hair competition, I'm not so confident now! Still I'd lay 4:1 on John S winning the knobbly knees - but then he will need to buy the beers that night to ensure the win - well volunteered John.Clap

On serious side, if it (as its) going to be hot and sunny, can we ask the race committee not to leave us bobbing with no wind in the baking heat

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic