RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champs 2011 at Netley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champs 2011 at Netley
    Posted: 09 September 2010 at 10:27
Tom - do we have dates yet for next year's Nationals? We are starting to juggle our sailing programme for next year
Barnesy View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 20:06
Guys any further news on the dates?
Calendar getting booked fast.
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 21:20
word on the street is 13/16 August - 4 days, with 23 races per day. I might be exaggerating though
Barnesy View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 08:16
Hmmmmm. Hopefully it's the date that changes - (back end of Cowes)
The number of races is fine.
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:51
Any confirmation of dates yet??
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 22:33
I am pleased to confirm that Netley will be hosting this year's championships between Saturday 13th August and Tuesday 16th August.

Brief highlights:
To be sailed within Southampton Water i.e. smaller courses than normal - should benefit those who excel at boat handing!
Easy launch & recovery
Relatively sheltered so the chances of race cancellations are reduced
Race area close to club - great for spectators
Shared event with Kestrels - very friendly
10 race series
Hornet club - we hope to have 4 club boats on the water with more interest from club members if boats will be loaned

Socials/Entertainment - no disco! Okay it will be low key but if you have any special requests let us know - we should be including a quiz night, BBQ and we have been challenged to a games night by the Kestrels. And, of course, the bar will always be open.....

Free camping on site - need I say more

More details and costs to follow.

Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 08:22
Wondered if there were any more details - start time of first race and or measurement if applicable on Saturday; cost to enter etc.
I see that the 2010 Championships are still showing on the home page of web site - will 2011 details appearthere soon?
If I can get to Champs, is a Caravan okay in the camping field? Would it be possible to drop boat off weekend before and collect again the weekend after event?
Eric
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 13:17
A few teething problems with the transfer of the website to a different server have prevented the release of this information and the update of other areas. Hopefully this will be sorted over this week.

Caravans - sorry there is no change to the current byelaws at Netley - tents and camper vans are allowed, but caravans are not. The closest site can be found on this link:

Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 23:46
I am pleased to report that the championship details are now available within the the events calendar

Key points:
Standard £85 entry fee for 4 days racing (10 races) includes camping on site (tents and camper vans only) - discounts for Juniors and overseas entries
A meal deal will organised along the lines of last year's event (additional cost)
Shared event with Kestrel class
Socials are still up for discussion but based on last year I don't think we need to organise a disco...

Very importantly, for those who can only make the weekend we will be running an additional event for the weekend only so at least you can join the fun for two days. We want to make this an inclusive as possible - perhaps some the plankers can make it....

I will update the championship with more details as soon as I can (accommodation list, things to do. etc)

If you have any particular queries, please get in touch.

As a starting point I think I have 4 Netley based Hornets primed to enter plus another helm looking to borrow a boat (any offers? He's a very good Scorpion sailor)

Tom

kevin View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2011 at 21:10

Just a reminder the cut off date for discounted entry for the champs is the 13th of THIS month!!

Get your entries quick in to allow for extra beer moneyWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic