RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champs 2014-2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 17:10
Eric, via facebook, says that the 2014 champs is at 'Torbay'. Is there a confirmed venue and / or date please? 
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:59
Any news on this please??
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2013 at 14:52

At the moment Royal Torbay YC is the option which I understand is set at the same date as this year’s championships, however there is some discussion that says maybe we shouldn't go to two Torbay venues in consecutive years (Jim has worked his butt off to arrange this and has also confirmed Brixham for the following year…..some will remember the difficulties he has had in getting venues from his speech at the AGM…. Harry will understand from when he was Chairman).

Living and working in the area I am aware that the roads to Torquay are horrendous at the moment due to the largest UK construction project altering the main access road which has started and work will continue through the proposed dates next year - access is always bad, it is set to get worse before it finally improves!

We have a committee meeting at the end of this month (off hand in about 10 days) when this will be discussed. We maybe have a possible option of Lyme, sharing with the Finns Sept 2014 as mention by Mike at the AGM if we were to move from Torquay. 

I myself have concerns with Torquay - having paid my entry for their classic regatta last year to then find that they "binned it" at the last minute due to lack of early entries....We will need to ensure that this cannot happen to our championships. We have of course an ex Hornet sailor at Royal Torbay YC who will organise and he has been a flag officer/sailing secretary etc. there for many years. 

If you can wait until the day following the committee meeting I aim to publish a précis of what is said/agreed at the meeting.

Prior to that I would like to sound out all Hornet members for their opinions on the matter via this forum page.

Eric
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2013 at 07:52
thanks

My view would be to grab any reasonable offer going, if that means 2 different Torbay venues consecutively, so be it.

On Brixham, Supernova sailors came back full of praise this year, and I read fulsome praise in reports of the OK event just concluded
chris bines View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris bines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2013 at 20:29
hi all
my vote goes to September as I cant make august next year!

lyme is a great bit of water to sail on too
chris
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 09:02
Hornet Europeans will be held under the burgee of Royal Torbay Yacht Club from the 16th to the 19th August 2014
Contacts regarding this event will be Jim Ingram and Eric Marchbanks
Please will you let me know of any boats with owners contact details that you know didn't come to the 2013 Championships at Brightlingsea so I may contact in an effort to drive up numbers attending.
Please remember, there will be a McNamara jib up for raffle Smile (kindly donated by Mike) entry for the raffle will be automatic and only available for those entering the event by or at the Dinghy Exhibition. The raffle will be drawn on the Saturday night of the Champs. In addition Sam Woolner who has recently started his own sail loft business is also donating a second prizes for this raffleClap.
I am now contacting the Polish fleet so they can keep the date clear.
Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2013 at 14:22

Sorry Chris there were too many problems with the September date, it will be a shame if you can't make Torbay....if it's a work issue I'm sure a reduced rate could be worked for the weekend only...I'd have to run that by the rest of the committee, but I certainly would favour that?
With the 2014 Championships now set in Torbay, I have made contact with the Polish via Facebook as I have difficulty with their website and received the following reply from Adam:-

Adam Krzepkowski commented on your post.

Adam wrote: "Hi Eric, thanks for the information. I will send to all hornets in Poland. See you in Torbay next year. Adam"

Eric
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2013 at 08:21
Originally posted by Eric Eric wrote:

Hornet Europeans will be held under the burgee of Royal Torbay Yacht Club from the 16th to the 19th August 2014
Contacts regarding this event will be Jim Ingram and Eric Marchbanks
Please will you let me know of any boats with owners contact details that you know didn't come to the 2013 Championships at Brightlingsea so I may contact in an effort to drive up numbers attending.
Please remember, there will be a McNamara jib up for raffle Smile (kindly donated by Mike) entry for the raffle will be automatic and only available for those entering the event by or at the Dinghy Exhibition. The raffle will be drawn on the Saturday night of the Champs. In addition Sam Woolner who has recently started his own sail loft business is also donating a second prizes for this raffleClap.
I am now contacting the Polish fleet so they can keep the date clear.

Is there an entry form and entry fee that has been decided? the prizes for entering early are brilliant! It's definitely worth entering now, before all the money goes on Christmas.
Jo xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic