RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Champs Social events!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champs Social events!!!
    Posted: 10 July 2006 at 20:42

I see a TALENT NITE is listed in the champs details. I guess I am supposed to be organising it. I thought we had exhausted the sum total of all the Hornet talent at Dale. But YOU can prove me wrong. So get thinking about YOUR contribution. I am sure the Starcross lads can come up with something!!! OK Olly?

What will the Poles and Dutch do?!

MusicComedyMagicShockedSketchesCoolRitual humiliationConfused

Circus actsClown Karioke?Thumbs DownPyrotechnicsNukeDirty jokesCensored

The ritual humiliation is for those that do not participate!! Youth parents included. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

Olly Turner View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olly Turner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2006 at 22:11

Dare I say ''I'll be washing my hair that night!!''

I'll put myself and Barney down to do some magic.  We'll do a similar routine to that of Netley-making several alcholic berverages dissapear before your eyes! Only on the last night though-of course.

1 question, do sandwich do apple sourz shots?

See you at the bar!

Eric Marchbanks View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Marchbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 00:23

Talent Night

There will be some SBSWSC members joing in that nighht - couple of quite good acts!

Understand that Mike's crew is bringing his tombone as well as his fire sticks - apparently quite a gifted Jazz player?

Games night.

If time/weather allows after sailing, we will endeavour  to run Kayak racing, wake board and the banana behind ski boats.

I have spoken with the Race officer, usually if wind goes extremely light, it picks up at about 3pm. Suggested he does decent postponements and again ski boats should be on hand to entertain.

Sunday would have been brilliant racing, picked up from force 5 to 7 (time to go in before that happened), clear skies, brilliant sun and flattish sea. S.W. wind gave a reach off shore to start and flat easy launching and recovery 

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Marchbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 00:25

Following on from note above:

We haven't forgotten the children - (real ones) we have got some entertainment in hand and also lists of local attractions - Cath is "borrowing" things from School to help with this - no Dean you can't sleep in the Wendy house! 

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 13:59

Olly,

I heard the massage at Netley was particularly good

Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 22:51

Eric,

I'm now looking forward to 3 things.

1. Sailing

2. Interested to see what a 'Tombone' is. Would Mr. Guy know the answer? Nothing rude I hope!

3. Wendy - Is she nice?

Lord Mud of Maldon.

Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 10:11
Originally posted by Mud of Maldon Mud of Maldon wrote:

2. Interested to see what a 'Tombone' is. Would Mr. Guy know the answer? Nothing rude I hope!

I haven't been advised of my involvement (at least not the statutory 21 days notice) so let's hope he plays his own "instrument"

Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 20:19
We definately want a contribution from NETLEY. So get working on it.LOLLOLStern SmileUnhappyShocked
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Marchbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2006 at 13:01

Mr Tombone would blow his horn (not sure which one) and swing his sticks of fire - he must be 6ft 3" so wouldn't argue with him!!! Sorry, Tim didn't mean your instrument (which I understand is quite large) so much ridicule.

PS Tom definitely had notice of this so don't accept any reticence, as we all encourage a tune from him as well.

Just a quick one, we are struggling with low numbers for the:

Chinese night - we have arranged the local Chinese shop to provide a full Chinese meal - plates of everything he does on his closing day - the intention is that he will cook it all whilst his shop is shut and we will transport it down for you to eat. - can we encourage a few more to take this offer up - we have 41 so far, but could do with another 20 - should be a good night.

Hog roast - we have just had the same people do a hog roast for the Club summer barbeque - generally this was thought to be the best Hog roast they had ever had - we need another 30 for this booked in - I'm pushing club members to come as well.

Final Prize giving dinner - would be a bit sad if some of you missed this - 41places out of 70 competitors coming isn't to good a ratio. I will start selling tickets to Club members this weekend, Please don't put us in the situation where a competitor can't get a seat because we have sold them to club members - please e.mail me - [email protected] to add your name at least to this evening meal. Ring me 07793535665 if you have any queries.

Look forward to seeing you on the 29th July 06 

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic