RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

decisions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decisions
    Posted: 30 March 2008 at 10:20

Hi All

Not posted for a while as I am trying to make a decision with the hull when does a hull become beyond economical repair just for instance the keel box is rotten down where it joins the hull its rotten at the back either side of the transom what with the redecking etc would it be cheaper to try and build a new hull or carry on with the restoration any opinions gretfully received

Steve Crees

alex_rogers View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 15:17

Probably find a new hull -  there is one in a garage in this village.

Was stripped and the crew deck removed several years ago but just been hung up in the garage ever since.

Needs paint and varnish but basically sound -  do you want me to ask if he is interested in getting rid of it?

Steve C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 15:23
it all depends on where the village is if you are local to essex yes please
alex_rogers View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 15:30
North Wales but sure we can arrange for someone to sail with at our open next month and then you can take it home with you!!!
Steve C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 17:55
Nice thought but I have just started new job and I have to work weekends thanks for the offer of finding out for me though will have to keep my open for a good hull on ebay locally
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 16:03

I think elsewhere on this forum Dean (Mud of Maldon) is offering the hul of 2103 for sale. Must be worth a go.

Failing that, one of the options being offered for the new Hornet is just a hull-deck assembly, ready to take a rig from an older boat....

Steve C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 19:22

Hi John

I like the sound of the new hull and deck have you got a e mail address or link for it

Steve

Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 20:13

Steve,

Come over to Maldon this weekend, there will be some of the new hulls on display.

Simon

Lewi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 08:45

Hi steve

you can contact Ivor on [email protected] or Tel:07515851352 for details and prices of the new hornet.

as simon said before there will be 3 of the new hornets on show this weekend at the Maldon yacht club open, plus also ivor will be there aswell if you wanted to have a chat and pick up an info pack.

Hope to see you there

lewi

Steve C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 19:30

thanks will try it all depends on the wife as its my only day off Sunday will e mail Ivor any way will keep you posted what are the times over the weekend and is it at he maldon sailing club

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic