RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

deck off pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: deck off pics
    Posted: 07 September 2007 at 23:29

Hi All

I have just put some pics of our Hornet up now the deck is off to expose rot

http://community.webshots.com/album/560207646fhVzUB

Cheers

Steve C

roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 15:53
Trouble is Steve the more you look the more you find needs doing
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 22:16

Don't lose the faith Steve, it can be fixed, but cheap it ain't gonna be. Lots of epoxy and fibreglass ribbon etc. I had to do something similar last year to mine, bought 'in need of TLC' off Ebay!

One point - the spinnaker tube - it looks small to me. The size of the spinnaker has increased from the original. My boat had (still has!) a 4.5" plastic soil pipe as the chute, and it needs to be at least 6"! Launching the kite is a real trial of strength.

Also, I decided to re-inforce the hull with a horizontal beam running from the stem to the mast gate, a diagonal strut from the bottom of the stem to the gate, and a beam from each chainplate to the gate as well. Thus a full triangulated load loop exists, and when I get a better forestay tensioning system, the hull will still stay straight! Hope this helps. I have a lot of photos - email me [email protected] if you think they will help you

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic