RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show Ally Pally 28th/1st March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dinghy Show Ally Pally 28th/1st March
    Posted: 14 February 2015 at 14:52
Hi Everybody, it's that time of year again. 

The Association is exhibiting Sam Woolner's European Championship winning boat, fresh from a re-furb courtesy of Tim 'Chippendale' Coombs on our stand C48, right in the middle of the Great HallBig smile

We are surrounded by the great and good including Seldens, Hartley Boats, RYA Youth and Seahorse fittings, so I'm sure you'll find us easily enough. As well as the boat (and the magnificent trophy Sam & Matt won) we will be having a flat screen TV with photos and video footage on a loop to add to the interest. If you have any contributions you think might be appreciated, please pass them on to Sam (Dean?)

We also have some Hornet polo shirts for sale, and we hope that all stand personnel at least will wear them - they are a suitably vivid yellow with black graphics, so you can see us coming. We also have a nice lot of yellow and black frisbees to give away to the populace advertising the class. I dare say there is a possibility a few might get passed at the show!LOLLOLLOL

As ever, we still need a little help to man the stand. We have some volunteers already, those I know are Sam, Will Magrath, Dawn & Toby Barsley-Dale, Simon Evance, and Strangler, which leaves 3 passes going begging in return for a morning or an afternoon on the stand. In the polo shirt.

First come first served!
Mike O
Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 17:29
Hi Mike,

I will volunteer but have already got my ticket, so put me down as a reserve if you are short. 

Great news about being in the centre of the Main Hall.

I did not realise that Tim Coombs is a Chippendale !! 

Peter.
Southpaw
Dick Garry View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 19:29
Hi Mike

I will be coming up on the Saturday, so for a free pass can do a stint at some point in the afternoon - if needed.

Dick G.

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 09:47
Hi Mike,

I did send you an e-mail saying I can do all day on the Saturday.

Cheers

Clint
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2015 at 21:02
Put myself and Adam down for a stint on Saturday.
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 09:16
Dean,

will you have the stuff for membership paying at the show?

Cheers

Clint
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 11:18
Can we stream the rugby onto the big screen? :)

(on a more serious note, I can bring a wifi hotspot should we want some internet access ?)
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 13:28
I do like the idea of rugby on the screen, but perhaps not advisable!

All passes on their way except Strang's, just waiting for an additional vehicle pass to get you and the ad stand up the slope Strang.

You can see it's going to be a full stand on the Saturday, all those bright yellow polo shirts glaring away, I'll have to take my new shades with me Wink

Mike O
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 10:31
We are all set except for a lack of camping chairs if anyone can bring two or three??

We have a 'SIGNIFICANT' number of frisbees to entertain the crowds with, and the latest polo shirts available for the princely sum of £15, to be modelled by all stand staffers just so you can see us coming, and allegedly Sam has finished re-stringing the boat.

Sounds almost too good to be true.

See you all there!
Mike O
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 20:08
It's all packed up ready, 100% show ready, just not 100% sailing ready! 😄
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic