RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dinghy Show Ally Pally 28th/1st March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 20:33
Nonsense Sam, don't you remember sailing it last weekend, very pertinent when Mark Jardine comes a calling to check out the concours d'elegeance score Wink

Mind you, the polo shirts will probably dazzle him!
Mike O
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 22:34
I have almost talked my family into getting the weekend off to come down to London. I could be there most of both days on the stand, if I come is there a pass left for me?
Jo x
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 23:03
Hi Jo, if you do not hear from Mike ring me when you arrive, we should be able to sort something, even if its devious means.
Cheers Strangler  07847 220148
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 19:50
I'm
Sure we can get you in :-)

I'm
A bit concerned about strang being devious though.....
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2015 at 23:21
Great to see you all, especially Jim :-) he was missed at the champs last year.

I was defiantly missing sailing and in need of some hornet sailor company and hugs.
I now feel like I have had my fix.
I hope it didn't take too long to pack up the stand (sorry I couldn't stay and help) and everyone had safe journeys home
Looking forward to next time,
Hopefully we will get to Weston.
X
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 13:05
Think we all drove off about 7pm, so wasn't too bad.
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 13:40
My thanks to everyone who helped, especially Sam (and therefore Tim even if he had buzzed off skiing) who had a number of difficulties to overcome getting the boat to the show, but it looked fabulous. The Hornet themed/coloured kite created a lot of interest to say the least, particularly as it was visible from miles away! That and having the power point display as well attracted a lot of people.

We had a stunning day on the Saturday, with more than twenty enquiries and appearances from new owners etc, which is a huge improvement over normal, and it looks as though none of us will have any problems getting a crew for a bit. The Sunday was quieter, but we still had some more people to add to the list. The polo shirts looked great, very bright, and I am relieved/pleased that the Frisbees went very well, we were complimented by a number of exhibitors on the effect of them - they couldn't understand why they kept appearing down various chutes etc. 

All in all, the best result for some years. More effort to follow :-))
Mike O
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 20:10
Yes, a huge thank you to Mike and crew. What a fantastic effort. The best show for years. Could this be the start of us turning a corner. What next? The moulds?
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 11:36
YES!
Mike O
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2015 at 13:53
I hope so, would be wonderful to see the moulds being used!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic