RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Exe Regatta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exe Regatta
    Posted: 14 May 2013 at 09:19
Hello everyone, I am just trying to get a feel for how many boats may be doing the Exe regatta this year as I am trying to juggle my calendar to fit things in.

Sailing more than one class is not ideal and it was frustrating to miss Brightlingsea last weekend but I had a clash with a National Championships and that had to come first. Exe regatta is even more complex in that I have the option of turning up to the same event in two different boats!

So, hopefully we will have a strong turn out at Exe and that will make my life a lot easier!

Who will be there? I need some support here as I have been offered accommodation by a B14 sailor!

Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 16:50
We should have the 5 starcross boats out, depending on me finding a decent helm......

2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
richard garry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 17:50
Hi Tobes

All being well i should be there with Matt + 4 other SYC boats possibly.

With Exe Sailing Club hosting the event, if it follows their previous format it will be held out at sea on W/L courses only - weather permitting.
Are you planning on sailing from SYC? - if so give yourself plenty of time to get down to the race area.
If your thinking of sailing from ESC, check with them whether they have room for your boat + car.

Dick G.
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 18:26
Any spare crew? Rumour is not worth bothering this year as its Exe organising.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 18:40
Would probably sail from Starcross as that is where accommodation is and all likely fellow competitors. I had factored in the extra sailing time required.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 19:54
Hi Strang

Try Sam Woolner - i think Will is off on his American cycle trip early june. Could try Paul McGahey / Duncan West / Dan Jacobs ?
Its the hassle factor of getting to the race area if the wind is light, rather than the organisation of it that is a problem.

Tobes
Ok no problem - you must be staying in Kenton then.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 22:31
No idea where the house is.... just been offered space if we turn up. Oh and I may well be at the front of the boat as well Confused Same helm crew partnership and two different classes to choose from!
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 07:23
I will need a helm :-)
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richard garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 19:20
Have seen a forum post on our club website reminding everyone who wishes to sail in the River Exe Regatta, that entries for the event must be received by noon on the 12th June.
Entry for the event is free.

The SI`s say (for our fleet) that 3 types of courses may be used. (w/l, triangle only, triangle/sausage).

There are 5 hornet entries so far for the fast h/cap fleet.

Dick G.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 10:52
Sorry to say that due to changes at this end I'm restricted to local sailing (and drinking) only.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic