RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hornet Database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hornet Database
    Posted: 14 February 2015 at 13:18
Hi Everyone,

The 2015 Exhibition is coming up and I was wondering if anyone has thought about using the exhibition as a means of collecting current data from those Hortneteers attending the stand during the course of the exhibition.

In particular updating the boat data base as well as finding out where Hornets are currently being sailed. This will apply particularly to people who are not active in the class as this may be the only face to face contact the class will have with them.

I am sure other things may come to mind as someone designs the "response forms".

Just a thought.
Southpaw
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2015 at 20:55
We have 5 hornets at Port Dinorwic sailing club I think only 2 me and Alex will make it to the champs this year (not sure about Mark)

2115 Chris Hogan's then Tony Taylor's now mine
2157 Andy long now Alex Rodgers
2075      Julian bridges then Ken Newing now Jack Wild (currently being fixed)
????    (The one that Mark Hogan has brought and is in Chris's garage at the moment. We hope to see it soon)

2100? another which my question is about?
Vamoose is the name on the side,
Glass hull and wooden deck.
it has no hull number engraved in it
Boat is light blue but it has been dark blue previously
Sails that are with it have 2100 on them and it has a kite with 2078 on it.
We are not sure this is the correct number. Does anyone know its history?
She was brought to the club by some students from Bangor and then abandoned and evenly sold by the club. To Nathan Sharky who is fixing her. she is yet to reach the water at pd having been here for 5 years now but we are working on it.
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 12:21
Vamoose is 2078 I believe  Used to be sailed form MYC in the '80's
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2015 at 13:56
Thanks Simon, x
sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2015 at 14:33
Hi Floozie,

2100 is with me in Chester with her measurement cert and log book, currently having a new transom made and revarnish.

Not sure which hull you have there?

Steve
'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 08:20
Hi Steve
We figured 2100 wasn't right which was why I asked the question. Im glad you're getting your transom sorted, will you be ready for the Anglesey offshore race? Be good to see you there. Strang and I will be there with you would be 3 hornets :-)
sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 08:59
'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic