RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hywel Poole Race and Port Dinorwic Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hywel Poole Race and Port Dinorwic Open
    Posted: 01 July 2014 at 22:03
Hywel Poole Race
12th July
Start time 1400
I think its £10 entry
Lots of it goes to charity,
Hywel sails round Anglesey in a laser to raise money, we collect for his chosen charity.

Big evening social after
£10 including desert (Lou is in charge of the galley now, she puts on a very good spread)

T shirts are available £7 for adult sizes, £5 of it goes to Hywel's fund
as will all profits from the bar
Pims and lemonade anyone?

Course will be decided on the day depending on the conditions
We plan for a long course like last year. we raced from Port Dinorwic past Caernarfon and back, with the last hour of ebb taking us there and the start of the flood bringing us back.
over 50 boats last year.

I expect a competitor beefing at 1300 where the course and sailing instructions will be explained.

Please ask and I will try to anser any questions.
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 22:20
Friday evening

The club will be open till late.
We have Friday funsailing happening so there will be rescue boats out and other sailors to sail with and chat too.
Galley will be open for food and drink,

Your welcome to get out for a practise. If anyone plans to be ready for Friday evening.
I can arrange someone to run some training for us, Let me know,

Accommodation,
The garddfon pub, 2 mins walk from the club has some nice rooms and Lou will do breakfast for us on Saturday and Sunday,
If have some ideas of who is coming I should be able to find local sailors with spar rooms / beds, let me know

Also we have plenty of able crews and helms if anyone needs some matchmaking doing.
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 22:46
For Sundays open,
£12 including tea and cake at the prize giving.

I am still open to persuasion for arrangements.
Let me know your preferences.
I would like to start at 10.30 and then get 3 or 4 races in,
2 back to back then a brake with one or two more back to back after.

Breafing 10 ish. (Depends on wind direction how long it need to be before the start whether we are using the club line or a committee boat start, I should know from the forecast closer to the time.)

was thinking to plan for races not longer than 45 mins for last boat. If we can get 4 in then could have a discard, if 3 races then all to count.
I know people have to drive home so will plan to not start after 2.30
Does that sound ok?

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Who is coming?

mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2014 at 08:25
That sounds good fun Jo. I have the pass out, will be up there on Friday pm all things being equal, social sounds like it could take its toll of me, so I look forward to that!  Wink
Mike O
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2014 at 10:25
Hi Jo,

Will and I were coming and then found out we have to pick up the Wayfarer we are borrowing for the Europeans from Shoreham at 11am on the sunday morning so we now cant make it Unhappy

Gutted we cant make it, but hopefully we will see you all at the Euro's Smile
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2014 at 20:10
Trying to persuade Adam that the Welsh weather isn't as bad as his mum makes out. Jo, I will let you know if coming and needing accommodation by mid week.
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 19:23
Great Mike
Have a safe journey up
I believe Jen is going to sail with you.
Do you have a plan for accommodation or shall I find you somewhere?

Sam
We will miss you :-(
See you in August

Deen
It never rains in Wales
We sometimes get some liquid sunshine
But its always sunny, and just the right amount of wind, :-)
Can I help persuade Adam?

Corin and I will be out sailing but probably the wrong way round, the Muppet broke his toe 3 weeks ago and its still not up to crewing,

Alex will be there for the Saturday I think then he is off up to the fd worlds for sunday,

Anyone know of anyone else coming?

alanbutler View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanbutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 07:12
I will be there with 2180. Just waiting on crew decision.
Alan Butler
2180 - Lilith
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 09:00
Sorry, can't make it! A combination of many things, one of which is Adam playing his saxophone at a local festival on Friday night. Have a great time all and see you at Torbay.
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 09:39
Hi Jo, sorry I have only just realised that I hadn't answered your question on accommodation. Alex has sent me some info, and in normal fashion, I haven't done anything about it yet. Any port in a storm will do, have sleeping bag, an air bed (can't sleep on the floor these days!) and a marquee, will travel.

Jenny has kindly agreed to do the honours up front.

See you Friday Big smile
Mike O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic