RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Birket Long distance race Ullswater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Birket Long distance race Ullswater
    Posted: 28 June 2007 at 00:28

Hey All

Been informed of a long distance race from Ullswater sailing Club on the 7th and 8th of July if anyones interested. The race is a lap of Ullswater and is open all. Its 35 to enter and camping is availble.

I'll be going to this one so hope to see a few of you there.

'Slippery When Wet' 2047

www.thespitalvaults.co.uk
roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 08:12
See you there Sven see the anglesey post about Campsite we go to. 200 boats ranging from 18` skiffs and cruisers to Mirrors and topaz all on one line. Scary
Bazzer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:09
I've done the event in the past it's great fun. Watch out for the cliff, it's a bit of an on/off switch for the wind depending on the prevailing direction, very entertaining!
Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 02:26

Hi Roger,

A Big Thank You for the warm welcome and the support you gave me and my muntius crew. Sorry for not popping to the campsite to say good bye put we had to get back to help with the Saturday night rush at the pub.

Hope we can organise another swarm again soon and good luck or sundays race!

Cheers Again Steve.

'Slippery When Wet' 2047

www.thespitalvaults.co.uk
chrisM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2007 at 21:20
gutted to miss it . was it good? wind ok? I will keep my eyes open for another event up this way. any sugestions? chris 2135
roger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 12:49

Steve,

Long drive south yesterday but arrived back ok. Sunday was less windy so better days sailing for us(didnt go swimming). Thought we got black flagged on second day and sailed the whole race not expecting a finish but they were kind to us.

How is your crew ? That was a baptism of fire on saturday and she did well to finish. Are her hands ok?

Chris we looked out for you. Wind on saturday was good with some pretty heavy gusts and we had a fantastic downwind leg planing for most of the length of the lake (7 miles). This time last year we wouldnt have survived. Proud to say we didnt capsize once downwind but made up for it by capsizing in front of the club 100yds from the finish. As well as twice before the briefing.. Great weekends sailing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic