RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mast strut fitting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mast strut fitting
    Posted: 14 February 2006 at 15:19

Could anyone give me an idea of the measurements from the front of the mast gate on a Goodwin boat for the location points for a mast strut with adjuster track on the mast? Also, any preferences on make of strut - I'm familiar with the Z-Spar version but I've heard that Holt have brought one out recently.

more power, more prizes!
jonsilk View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonsilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2006 at 13:38

Hi,

I would suggest contacting the maker of your sails. The track on the mast can significantly change the bend as the track will stiffen the mast at that point. This will cause the bend of the mast to start higher up and may leave the main too full. When I added a track to my mast on 2156 (Baker Revo) I found that I could not get the most out of my Speed main. I went back to chocks and everything was fine!

Some classes chose to put the track of the deck to avoid altering the bend of the mast.

Good luck

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic