RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Minutes of Committee meeting 24th Sept
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Minutes of Committee meeting 24th Sept

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
jimingram View Drop Down
Committee
Committee


Joined: 31 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 142
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minutes of Committee meeting 24th Sept
    Posted: 29 September 2013 at 16:43
 The minutes of latest Committee meeting are below . Jim

Minutes of Hornet Class committee meeting 24th September 2013

Via Skype

Present. Eric Marchbanks, Kevin Burt, Tom Guy, Dean Saxton, John Williams, Mike Owen, Jim Ingram

Apologies, John Shelton, Clint Styles.

Minutes of last meeting. Not available

Committee jobs.  Secretary -Jim, Membership -Dean , Treasurer -Kevin, Website –Tom, Opens –Clint, Dinghy show, Mike and John. Eric and Mike to cover other odds as Chair and Vice. . JS and JW reports and publicity EM to look into continental Europeans. JI and EM to look after Torbay Champs

Finance.  K.B. Healthy, Approximately £5000 in bank with £400 owing to MO for Dinghy Show. (M. O. To invoice ASAP please) 

Membership  31 at present down from 42 last year. It was agreed to send a form out by post as well next year and add in all known previous members, KB to send a standing order form to DS to accompany this. EM to resurrect old membership lists. . DS to contact Jo ref possibly Plas Menai sending out

Y&Y free advertising. JW and JS to progress this with intention of running it for 3 months around the Dinghy show. JI to check with Y&Y re any time limitations.

Opens 2014 - It was decided to progress the following possibilities

-         Carsington , Early  (MO)

-         Brightlingsea, ?May (DS)

-         Stone, ?June (DS)

-         Exe Regatta (EM)

-         Port Dinorwic 12th/13th July (EM)

-         Nationals Torbay August

-         Bough Beech  Late (EM)

TG asked if we could publicise regattas that would give us high visibility.

 

 

 

Championships 2014/15

Decision to go to Torbay as planned …JW commented that Lyme might be difficult sailing in September as exposed.

JI and EM to look after Torbay

Discussed possibility Europeans 2015 to be held in Europe – EM to investigate,

Website – Requests for changes etc should go through TG at present.

TG reported a lack of content for the site. MO to put a suggested spec for an update on the committee forum for discussion.

Moulds and new boat   - EM to visit possibly with R. Garry to establish the chance of recovering the moulds in working order. A Brightlingsea builder (Graham Eales) is willing to take them and produce a boat.

It was felt that this needed doing before we could advertise so that we had something to offer.

As a side issue , now that the secondhand boat list is empty we need to try to locate and get into circulation as many as possible. JI to write a piece for Y&Y to see if this turns any up.

A.O.B  - KB asked if we should be at Dinghy show. Unanimous yes. Deposit to be paid. KB to action ASAP

               TG suggested we should have a theme for it,

Newsletter.   MO was asked to produce a newsletter in the next few weeks.

 

Next meeting  22nd October 7.30 pm.


jim
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.18
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.070 seconds.