RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Boat Builder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 13:25
There is  a committee meeting tabled for tonight. Watch this space please.

Perhaps some of the contributors to this thread might consider joining the association before saying 'we' in their posts.
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 11:55

The class will be exhibiting at the Dinghy Exhibition, but it will be a very fine example of a wooden boat. The class remains the owner of the moulds from which the recent, Devon Composites, boats were built.  As this thread discusses there is no builder currently able to offer to supply a new boat. Pending further, formal, correspondence with Devon Composites I can say no more the present. 

Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 22:53

Harry, first of all thank you for all the hard work the sub-committee has put in concerning the important matter of appointing a class builder.

Perhaps in view of your most recent post it may be a good idea to close this thread and wait till we hear the outcome of the matter with Devon Composites. I for one would not wish to post anything that could cause a problem.

I am sure that when a new builder is appointed we will all hear about it. 
Southpaw
sven_8t4 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sven_8t4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2015 at 16:55
Did anything  more come of this? 2011-2015?
'Renaissance' Hornet 2100
Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 21:05
I started the thread which was stopped as there was nothing more to be said for the time being. The thread was then superseded by other topics. But the topic was not forgotten.

We do need to start production of new boats as a priority if the class is to survive and I am confident that the matter is in hand. 

I do not think that building a new boat is, in itself, the answer to anything. We need a builder who is committed to promoting the class and good enough to be supported and promoted by the class. So that the new boat will be the first of a steady (albeit slow) stream of boats built.

But perhaps in the meantime we need to maximise boats attending open meetings and the class in buying a Hornet will help show-case the boat at these events.

I have recently bought a Hornet and hope to be sailing in soon, crewed by my daughter - and she puts her "old man" to shame.

Hopefully we can start discussing the matter, any thoughts four years on.

Peter 

Southpaw
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic