RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW CHAMPS DATE & VENUE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Marchbanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 14:30

If anyone knows of a crew who would like to go, can you let me know - mobile 07793535665/6 landline 01248440105

Cheers

Best Regards
Eric Marchbanks
Hornet 2178
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2009 at 15:20

Not sure who this applies to but the wooden flying Hornet trophy we took away from Stone is back together and we will bring it with us to Herne Bay.

A note for whoever is dealing with entries. We still intend to come depending on the 'ol man's wrists. The casts are off and we are having a trial sail this weekend to see how he gets on.

Does anyone have a contact number or e-mail form John Waddington?

Cheers

Clint

kevin View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 06:53

Only 3 entries recieved to date. Early entry would be appreciated as it means less to do on the day.

Thanks

kevin View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 14:14
Now up to 5 entries, hope you are all coming and entering on the day.
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 22:32
Well done Herne Bay, a fantastic weekend of racing. Perfect weather conditions. Thanks Chris and team for organising it. Congratulations to Peter and John for their outstanding performance.
cbrealy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbrealy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 08:11
Thanks to you all for coming. The last time the Hornet Nationals were at Herne Bay was in the 1960s I think. My father who is 83 competed then and was watching me. Well done Peter ( who used to live in Herne Bay) and John.
NED-154 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NED-154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 09:15
Originally posted by cbrealy cbrealy wrote:

Thanks to you all for coming. The last time the Hornet Nationals were at Herne Bay was in the 1960s I think. My father who is 83 competed then and was watching me. Well done Peter ( who used to live in Herne Bay) and John.

How many boats where there and who won??
no power no glory
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 09:26

Well done Herne Bay - very friendly club and good, well organised racing - almost like Shoreham waves .

Chris - the last time the championship was at Herne Bay was 1975, which was my first Hornet championship - we really should go back there sooner, if you'll have us..let's hope the B&B improves....

Peter was particularly pleased, as the last time he won the Nationals was 25 years ago. We'll be back in another 25....maybe

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 09:36
that explains it - local knowledge at both ends of the
boat!!

The club would be very happy to have us back, they say.

Try 'Evening Tide' for b+b - the best I've ever stayed in
John, ask Peter!

Y+Y are poised waiting for your report John
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 09:54
Does anyone have a complete set of results they can email me? I can't remember all the details.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic