RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Class Builder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Class Builder
    Posted: 26 November 2012 at 22:02
have a look at this quality

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sailing-dinghy-boat-yaht-/251190208260?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sailing_Boats_ET&hash=item3a7c1a6704

The Mole

Never knowingly under sailed.

Hornet GBR2047

Beneteau 27.7 GBR8432 'YOGI'
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 08:30
Wow! The workmanship looks fantastic. I think the problem could be that we have invested heavily in a plastic boat and maybe that is what most people want. I still spend more time working on my wooden boat than sailing it! There is also the issue supply and demand. At the moment I don't really know of anyone who wants a brand new Hornet. This is where we get into the arguement of selling our soul to a big builder who will take on the PR and create the demand. I still think it could be worth a conversation with these Lithuanian bods. Even building a couple a year is better than none and it would be lovely to see some more wooden Hornets. We could send a set of plans to them. Come on, what do peole think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic