RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opens 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 13:11
Very happy to confirm we now have an Open for September (20th/21st). We will be joining the Contender / Byte Open at Weston Sailing Club. I would just like to thank Dawn and Toby for making this possible.
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 09:24
Very happy to confirm we now have an Open for September (20th/21st). We will be joining the Contender / Byte Open at Weston Sailing Club. I would just like to thank Dawn and Toby for making this possible.
Gary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 23:14
We are going to the Weston open on 20/21st Sep.   However, we cannot see any details on this website and the Weston website does not list a Hornet meeting. I was going to register/list our attendance and check who else will be there, but can’t find any list. There is also nothing to announce that Toby has generously offered to run some unofficial training, including on the water, on the preceding Friday, to help tune our Hornets and get expert help with what we could be doing differently/better, or just practice before the races. The Southampton boat show is also just down the road, so easy to combine the boat show Thursday, training Friday and racing the weekend. Sounds like a good plan. Finally, it’s Bart’s Bash on the 21st, and Toby said the Hornets will be included at Weston. I have already registered for that, so I got on a list after all.
ALLSWELL, Gary
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 14:05
Hi All

Sorry for the late news on the Weston Open and also for the club being slow to update the meeting to include the Hornets. Please be assured that all is going ahead.

Full details of the event will be available this week. No need to pre enter etc, just note your intention to go on here so I can keep the club advised on numbers.

As I said at the Europeans, camping at the club is free and the club will be open from Friday for visitors. The bar will be open on Friday evening and there will be a social on Saturday. Food will be available at the club all weekend.

Sunday of the open is Barts Bash. The open will include this event. However you do need to register your intention to race on the Barts Bash website as the club can not do this on your behalf.

If there is enough interest, I am happy to grab a rib from the club to do some training on Friday, probably from late morning through to early/ mid afternoon depending on weather and tides. If there is enough interest I will grab a rib from the club and some marks etc. (the club charge £50 for the hire including fuel). Alternatively if it is low numbers I am happy to jump into either my boat or yours and do some sailing with you.

If anyone is short of a helm or crew for the event, let me know I may be able to find someone for you.

I hope to see you there.

Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2014 at 18:34
I'll be there :)
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 15:07
To date I have confirmed attendance from the following:

Dave and Martin
Stranger and 'some guy called Matt'
Eric
Dawn and Simon
Gary
Myself (crew tbc)

Those indicating they hope to be there include:

Sam (helm not confirmed yet)
Tim (needs crew)
Dean and Adam

Not heard from:

Tom
Kevin
Mike Owen
Steve Cooke

Both Tom and Kevin are at Netley and could sail there if need be so very little excuse not to turn up! I know Roger Kelleway has broken his mast so will be struggling to get there unless there is a spare mast around that will fit....

Tim and Sam why not pair up??? Eric can two stack a boat if required.
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 15:56
Only 3 entries so far on BB website, Stangler, Gary and myself....
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 20:04
I've registered, just need to "sign up"...
kevin View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 21:38
We are coming, not yet registered for BB.

What time is first start on Saturday?
Kevin
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 09:00
Any more news about Weston? According to WSC website the start time is 10:00 on Saturday is this correct?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic