RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opens 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2015 at 11:07
Thanks Mike!

What do people think about an October final fling with the Kestrels at Stewartby?

Cheers

Clint
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 11:00
Fine by me.  There is the option to camp on site.
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 14:23
It's an almost central location, no excuses not to give it a go.
Mike O
Barnesy View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 18:05
Ok. Let me know if i can help anywhere.
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 15:35
Right everyone, the first open of the year is creeping up on us. Who is coming to Weston???

I'll be there and Simon Evance is sailing with Dawn again and the Netley fleet were showing signs of enthusiasm. Anyone else?

If you want to make a bit more of an event of it, there's racing on Friday as well (the Grand Slam is a three day event).  Alternatively it could be a bimbling and practice/ training day. Any thoughts?

Tobes
maybe View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2015 at 13:42
Hi Toby,
I am hoping to bring 2184 down maybe Fri - Sat. I can't do Easter Sunday (family stuff), but i would like to get out on the water against some other Hornets - its probably one of the few chances i will get as most of the dates clash.
Cheers
Terry
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2015 at 14:13
Sorry Toby We cant come to the Weston open. Boats not quite ready, We were hoping to make it in time but its not going to happen. Hopefully we will be on the water soon. Need to get some practice in before the next open.
I'll be watching the results.
See you all soon.
Jo
Dick Garry View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2015 at 20:37
Hi Toby

Nigel Skudder with Keith Hills are planning on coming up - weather permitting.
I am still waiting to hear if Matt is available.
Work pressures for Tim & Sam, mean they are unable to afford the time off.

Dick G.

Dick Garry View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2015 at 19:38
Ok Tobes - just seen the results for the Grand Slam & it looks like you had a good tussle with Nigel over the weekend, but is the PY of 926 really the local handicap for the hornet. ? Shocked Confused

Dick G.
Not only but also View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not only but also Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2015 at 00:14
TBYC open is on 26 & 27 September 2015.

NOR and SIs on TBYC website.

Racing will start at 10 to get in 3 races before the tide goes. Hotels are a short walk, and there is free on site camping and free parking of cars (get sticker from bar and display it) and boats, all next to the club, including on Friday.

Food available Friday until 9. Saturday and Sunday breakfast from 8. Saturday dinner at 7 included with race entry, friends and family bookable at registration . Note that Sunday lunch at TBYC is very busy. Other food may be available, but Sunday full carvery roast at £10 for 2 courses must be pre-booked direct with Galley, preferably days before to avoid disappointment. Prize giving around 2-2.30 ish.

This is Partner and children friendly with sea front, and 20 min stroll into Southend for promenade, longest pier, Sea Life Centre and Peter Pan's amusement park.

England v Wales Rugby world cup game at 8 p.m, will be shown on the club screen.

It would assist the Galley if we knew who was coming, so they make the right amount of grub.

I look forward to seeing many Hornets.

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic