RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opens 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opens 2016
    Posted: 09 November 2015 at 00:09

Do you want an open at pd again next year?

May 14th and 15th would be good for us,
Kestrals are keen to come and join us that weekend too, and we have Vanol cup handicap racing that weekend too.
Or you can come for the Hywel Poole memorial race in July if that fits the calender better?

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 16:08
Hi Jo,

great! Thanks for this. I was going to get in touch. So far that would give us for 2016:

PD: 14/15 May
Stone: 4/5 June
Exe 16/17 July
Champs Aug

So that would leave us April, Sept and Oct to fill. Any ideas or offers gratefully received!

Clint
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2015 at 17:44
Carsington will be in there early on Clint, I'll check up and get back to you.
Mike O
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2015 at 09:42
Thorpe Bay are keen to have us again, someone would need to contact them to sort a date. But I'm guessing similar to this year is possible.

There's also an opportunity to join in with the Port of Plymouth Regatta. Enough boats would get a class start (5 or 6 I think) but I think this is only 2 weeks before Starcoss. But there may be an opportunity for further travelled teams to leave boats at Starcross on way home and combine two events?

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 12:23
Thanks Mike and Toby. I will contact Chris Boshier re TBYC and if you can get back to me re Carsington Mike that would be great.
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2015 at 11:45
Carsington have come back with their dates, May 28/29/30 for a combined open with 505s, Javelins, us and Albocores.

Obviously very close to Stone - any chance we could persuade them to delay a week or two?
Mike O
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2015 at 11:58
Hi Mike,

I don't think so. There was quite a bit of to-and-fro to get this date. Bit of a tricky one as both good opens and supporters of the class. Run both and try and encourage attendance?

Clint
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2015 at 12:55
My plan was do all of the opens.
Adding carsington puts 3 opens in 4 weeks? 2 are North I'm not complaining about that!
It is do-able just for us but one is a home open, I expect most can't to all 3?

H's race doesn't clash with exe this time so we can come down.

Champs are early too, busy few weeks. I hope Keith can understand.
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2015 at 08:53
Dick and i will do our best to do them all, pending wives....
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Mud of Maldon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2015 at 21:58
Maylandsea planning an open for the Kestrals. I've asked if Hornets can share. Will advise date when I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic