RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opens for 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:39

The date for Bartley Green is Sunday 29th April for the Easter Egg Trophy.

Should be great to get to as its just of the M5 J.3.

see you there.

Duncan

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:55
The club's website is:

http://www.sailbartley.co.uk/index.htm

The club's policy is to hold opens on Sundays, I have had to bow and scrape to persuade them to allow this "new" open, given we have only 2 boats at the club. I have pitched my request on an estimate of 10 boats, an indication of numbers intending to travel would be nice. Travellers could clubrace on saturday ( 2 x 75 min pursuit races) but camping on site is NOT permitted. If numbers permit I could organise a good old brummie curry for Sat night!

stevec View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 08:33
I know it's a bit last minute but can anyone tell me what is the time of the first race at Sandwich? I tried contacting Eric but it seems the e-postman got lost!
more power, more prizes!
Floozie View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 09:29
hi steve

i think that its:

Sat 11:00
sun 10:00

Hopefully see you there

Jo 2115
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:49

Eric tells me 13:00 definite - just spoke to him.

Duncan West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2007 at 09:04

just started to compile the results for the Travelers Trophy and am missing the results from the prevose Opens. if you have a list of all the runners and ridders and there finsh poishon could you post it up for me, that would be great. Email dead at the moment .

I am also starting to think about 2008 open meetings, I hear North Wales (PDSC/CHYF) hope to hold a 3 day Welsh Championships, Stone is the Nationals/Eurapions 9th to 15th August, the South West open likely to be at SUNNY Salcombe.

Your thoughts welcombe.

Duncan

mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2007 at 15:48

I'm up for a Welsh one, and I must have another go at that fishing boat in Salcombe, not to mention the 'Doom bar ale'.

Mike

stevec View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2007 at 17:29

Mike, are you going to be given 2 weekend passes next year!!? Did you manage to replace the shroud without taking the big rivet out? Next time when you want to test the rig tension, aim for one of those big Gin Palaces - the girls are better-looking than the one on board the yacht we hit! 

I'll certainly go pint for pint with you on the Doom Bar! After Crouch Vale Brewers Gold it's the best I've tasted, including the St Austell Tribute we had in Torquay, and that week Alastair and I, with belated assistance from Dean and Rob, did sample a good barrelworth of it to judge the quality.

By the way Strangler, the barman at the Hesketh insisted we leave the pink gloves there, dedicated to him and his wife, as a souvenir of our visit and the impact on his barrelage!Wink

Duncan, try to keep August and Early September free of events ( I know the Nationals is already booked for then) because I don't think I'm going to be in the country for then, and, having spent a fortune on the ship, I'd like to do as many as possible to get some value out! Ironic isn't it - home club and I won't be there for the champs!

more power, more prizes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic