RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Planker for sale on EBay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mud of Maldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planker for sale on EBay
    Posted: 01 February 2014 at 10:23
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornet-sailing-dinghy-/231148718594?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sailing_Boats_ET&hash=item35d1898a02

Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 10:28
Does anybody recognise the boat? It is said to be fibre-glass (hull) and wood deck.  The design looks relatively modern so the seat is a puzzle.

Have asked the owner to give the number and the sails have 2132 and 2186 which clearly are not the originals. 

Thinking caps on folks.
Southpaw
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 11:04
I am not interested in the boat but I need a plank and bridge for Demon. So if anyone buys her and the seat is not wanted I would like to make an offer.
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon
Jono View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 20:40
Cant see how they could have had sails with 2186 on them?! That was my devon composite and I only ever had one set of sails numbered with her, and they went to the new owner in kent. Be surprised if he got rid of them as they werent very old. Bit of an odd one. 
Wizard 2186
roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 07:58
I have had a reply from the seller. There appears to be no number on the hull.
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon
Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 17:30
I agree with Jono concerning 2186. But 2132 is stranglers boat which he has had for sometime perhaps he could shed some light. 

The hull is fibreglass that would make it Sailcraft or East Coast Marine as being the most likely. But the deck configuration looks nothing like the configuration they would use.

Am trying and failing to convince the wife that we do need a plank assisted Hornet for our garage but she is proving difficult. Must keep trying.
Southpaw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic