URL: http://www.hornet.org.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1580
Printed Date: 24 November 2017 at 09:10
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.18 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dinghy show
Posted By: Sam Woolner
Subject: Dinghy show
Date Posted: 20 January 2014 at 20:21
What's happening with the dinghy show?

Who's going? What boat on the stand? Etc etc.......

-------------
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]

Replies:
Posted By: Southpaw
Date Posted: 02 February 2014 at 10:18
Can I just reiterate Sam comment. Will the class have a stand at the Exhibition and if so will helpers be needed?

I already have my ticket and I am prepared to help on the stand. 

Also I assume that is when we can pay our dues.

Southpaw.

-------------
Southpaw

Posted By: kevin
Date Posted: 02 February 2014 at 19:26
The Class are attending the show. Mike Owen is organising the stand and will I am sure be grateful for all offers of help.

Date Posted: 03 February 2014 at 17:39
Thanks Kevin. 

Mike  - Do we just turn up on the day or will a rota be drafted. In any event I will help if wanted.

-------------
Southpaw

Posted By: CLINT
Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 10:36
Maybe if we say when we will be available that would help Mike. I will kick off. I aim to go Saturday and am happy to be on the stand most of the day. If real problems with getting people for Sunday I could swap days.

Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 19:33
Available to help fri, sat and sun if required

-------------
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]

Posted By: John Shelton
Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 22:09
I will go Saturday so happy to help out. Can be around to help set up on Friday too

Date Posted: 05 February 2014 at 22:43
I am available on the Saturday anytime but if you prefer Sunday then could attend then instead.

-------------
Southpaw

Posted By: mikethelark
Date Posted: 11 February 2014 at 13:27
Hi Everybody!

Sorry I have not started anything sooner, but i can now confirm that all arrangements are in hand for the show. Toby Barsley-Dale has kindly agreed to put his boat on the stand, complete with some new features such as the latest Ullman sails.

The stand ref is C42, in the Great Hall, centre-ish, along with the Scorpion and Solo stands. 

I note that we have some volunteers to man the stand already - many thanks. If there are any other enthusiastic volunteers willing to give us a half day duty or more, I will provide the wristband to get them free access to the show.

I look forward to being inundatedTongue

PS, we only have 10 wristbands in total, so if there is a real rush, it will be down to physical attributes and/or bribery!

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 11 February 2014 at 15:36
Mike, I will help AND I already have a ticket to get in so my poor physical attributes should not stand in the way of helping. I was planning for Saturday is that okay.

Anyone know if we can pay our subs whilst we are there?  

-------------
Southpaw

Posted By: Simon
Date Posted: 18 February 2014 at 15:54
I'll help again if needed.

Posted By: roger
Date Posted: 18 February 2014 at 16:27
Not going to the show this year Im afraid. Hope you all have a good one.

-------------
K191 Shoestring
595 Demon

Posted By: Tobes
Date Posted: 19 February 2014 at 09:51
Obviously I'll be there and so will Dawn. Will be there Fri- Sun... funnily enough :D Wrist bands please Mike!

Posted By: jimingram
Date Posted: 19 February 2014 at 17:40
Smile  I will be up on Saturday. jim 

-------------
jim

Posted By: Mud of Maldon
Date Posted: 19 February 2014 at 20:47
Myself and Adam will be up both days. Adam still has his band from last year. If its the same colour as this year he can use it.

Membership can be paid at the show.

Date Posted: 20 February 2014 at 21:39
Hi everybody, thanks for the volunteering, much appreciated.

Toby & I will be fine for setting up the stand on Friday, but if anyone else particularly wants to get involved, no problem, I hate hauling boats, just give me a call and I will send you an exhibitors pass as well as a wristband.

To balance the numbers a bit, Clint, I would like you to be there on the Sunday as you are flexible if that's OK. Peter, I think you really want to do it on Saturday, which is fine, but Sunday would even the numbers if you feel willing.

Simon, I would love to see you there, either or both days is fine by me. Hence, manning looks like this:

Saturday
Sam Woolner, John Shelton, Jim Ingram, Toby & Dawn, Dean & Adam, Simon & myself

Sunday
Sam, Clint, Peter, Toby & Dawn, Dean & Adam, Simon and myself

That means no sweat, plenty of time for everybody to have some free time, a natter and a wander. I'm not sure whether we will have Eric's niece and friend, I will sort and organise as appropriate.

Saturday evening I will arrange a booking at a nearby restaurant for a meal at reasonable (for London) cost. All those intending to partake please let me know by text ASAP (07761-413983)

Passes will be sent out over the weekend, look forward to seeing you all there!

-------------
Mike O

Posted By: Steve Cooke
Date Posted: 20 February 2014 at 21:44
Sorry won't be there this year - being taken to France for the w/e by my wife! Can we pay membership by bank transfer? If so, can you give the bank account details; promise I won't try and transfer the wrong way!

-------------
More power, more prizes, more pain, more glory

Date Posted: 20 February 2014 at 23:15
Will will be around with me on Saturday to be on the stand (obviously won't need a wristband) and we will both join for the meal on sat night. Luckily he lives very close to Alexandra palace, helms have more than one use :-) 

-------------
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 09:36
Okay, Mike I can make the Sunday. I do not need a wristband as I have already bought a ticket. 

Peter

-------------
Southpaw

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 10:31
Crikey Cookie, those bionic hips must be working well!   LOL

-------------
Mike O

Posted By: Simon
Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 14:57
'Parrently spending my wedding anniversry at Ali Pali didnt go down too well, so can only do Sunday.

Date Posted: 21 February 2014 at 15:17
Mike, Shall I swop my Sunday duty for a Saturday duty. 

My misses is giving me mind grief about the Sunday. But if you prefer I do a Sunday then okay but excuse the two black eyes and numb ears.

(only joking about the body damage - of course)

Peter

-------------
Southpaw

Date Posted: 22 February 2014 at 11:49
Hi Peter, Simon

I absolutely insist on you complying with rule and by-law as laid down by the present government. So Peter, I'll see you Saturday, Simon I'll see you on Sunday!

Regards to the management!

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 23 February 2014 at 17:44
Wristbands will have changed colour. That's kind of the point Wink

Posted By: Dick Garry
Date Posted: 25 February 2014 at 21:43
Hi Mike

Will be coming on the saturday only with Sam. Do you need any more cover for the stand - if so, any spare wristbands available ?.

Dick G.

Date Posted: 27 February 2014 at 12:54
This is the last call . . . 

Hi Dick, sorry but all the wristbands have gone out, but we would be delighted to have you on the stand. I am of the opinion that the wristbands are exactly the same as previously, so if you have an old one, you could give it a try.

Anyone looking to join us for a meal on the Saturday night, please call me PDQ because we are booking the table today.

Also, I have two spare Large (note the capital L) Hornet 60th Anniversary shirts that I will take to the show. Simon, if you don't have one already, there is one with your name on it.

Also, there is a champagne reception on the Saturday Evening on the Y & Y Stand (C74) from 5 pm onwards. Please let me know if you would like to join in, and again, I will pass the numbers on, no restriction mentioned.

Finally - does anyone have the Hornet Tablecloth? If yes, the next question is can you/will you bring it to the show early on please?

I look forward to being swamped with the responses   LOL

See you all there!

-------------
Mike O

Posted By: Mud of Maldon
Date Posted: 27 February 2014 at 17:21
Last years bands were silver. I'm rapidly painting the one Adam has.

Date Posted: 27 February 2014 at 19:41
Aaaah.

Subtle . . . very subtle. I'm not sure now whether to get my eyesight checked or just have a memory transplant!

See you there somehow.

Now where am I supposed to be going . . . . 

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 27 February 2014 at 20:39
Mike
I have the tablecloth, but unfortunately am not coming up.

Not sure there is a way of getting it to you now.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 28 February 2014 at 09:49
Kevin,
            are you in the Southampton area? I am just off to a meeting in London but could pick up this evening? Mike has my mobile number so maybe an address and time could be txtd to me?

Cheers

Clint

Date Posted: 28 February 2014 at 13:51
Clint
Very welcome to collect the tablecloth this evening. I am out near Junction 9 of the M27. Address on contacts page or the Champs entry form. We are in all evening if you want to pop over. Have texted Mike and will try texting you on number on contacts page.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 03 March 2014 at 10:01
A Big thanks to all at the show this weekend. It seemed to be a very positive show with many new and old faces turning up. Hopefully we will see some new faces out and about this year as well. All very positive.

Finally a big thanks to Mike, Dean, Adam and Simon for their help packing up, I think that has to be close to a record escape! We were home by 8:30pm despite the best efforts of the traffic marshals outside the hall!

Date Posted: 03 March 2014 at 12:08
Well done to all athe the Show especially Toby/Dawn and Mike. Very good to see everyone. 

Date Posted: 05 March 2014 at 10:35
Allow me to say a heartfelt thank you to all those who gave their time, effort, and expense to help our cause on the stand. 

Special thanks to Toby and Dawn for preparing and setting up the boat, and to Mike Mac, and Sam Woolner and Messrs Ullman for the raffle prizes. 

I came away very encouraged with the results - we made contact with a number of new owners and prospective owners, and am convinced that the class will not only survive but grow albeit slowly.

I look forward to meeting up with everybody again in Carsington next month! 

-------------
Mike O

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.18 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk