Forum Description: Discussion area for open meeting topics
URL: http://www.hornet.org.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1815
Printed Date: 24 November 2017 at 11:18
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.18 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Opens 2015
Posted By: jimingram
Subject: Opens 2015
Date Posted: 30 December 2014 at 18:01
I got a diary for Christmas but have no Opens to put in it. Do we have any confirmed yet?
Geoff and I can't promise but will attempt to make some of them.
I assume we have a boat at the Dinghy show so hope to see people there.
Happy New Year to you all and good sailing in 2015.
                     Jim Ingram

-------------
jim

Replies:
Posted By: floozie 2115
Date Posted: 02 January 2015 at 22:57
PDSC please in July
I think its 10th, 11th, 12th, I will confirm tomorrow need to check with Julian that I have remembered the right weekend.
Training day Friday
Evening practice on Friday
H's race Saturday
4 races Sunday

Posted By: Sam Woolner
Date Posted: 04 January 2015 at 11:43
Provisional calendar Is:

April: TBD

23/24 May Carsington

27/28 June Stone

11/12 July Exe

Aug: Champs

26/27 September Thorpe Bay

October: TBD

Also the starcross steamer open pursuit is the 15th march if anyone is interested!

-------------
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]

Posted By: CLINT
Date Posted: 06 January 2015 at 12:31
Hi Jo,

sorry but the events we have came together just before xmas in a couple of weeks. I did try and PM you on this site about a PD Open but it appears not to have worked. Appears we have a clash between your dates and Exe. Would you possibly have any dates to offer in April or Oct? We could potentially run both events as a southern and northern open on the same date?

Let me know what you think (others too).

Clint

Date Posted: 07 January 2015 at 13:55
Dont worry I was late to suggest it, you are all welcome to come here anytime I will look at the tides in April and Oct and let you know the best weekends. We would like to host an open again this year.

We will come to Carrington again,
And hopefully Stone
We won't come to exe as I will race in H's race. If anyone wants to come to us that weekend, then we can still run something on the Sunday.

Happy New year everyone
X

Date Posted: 09 January 2015 at 10:06
Hi
How about may 2nd/3rd we have 2 days of club racing scheduled then already the Vaynol cup, and a social planed for the Saturday night, we could have our own start,

could be 4th as well as its a bank holiday, training day after racing :-) we will know what we want to practice then. (Or/and the Friday) if anyone wants it.

If thats too close to Carrington then its nepie ish tides 25th 26th april, or 11th /12th April which is in the Easter hols? But we could do any weekend in April,

Our preference is 2/3 may, as lots is going on. Would be more fun for everyone,

Date Posted: 12 January 2015 at 15:44
Thanks Jo.

We also have an offer of the Easter Egg by joining Weston's regatta (thanks Toby and Dawn!)

That would give us in the early part of the season:

Weston 4/5th April
PD 2/3 May
Carsington 23/24 May

I think that works well. Can others PLEASE comment and maybe we could get this firmed up?

Cheers

Clint

Posted By: mikethelark
Date Posted: 13 January 2015 at 09:11
That looks great Clint - we just need one for October now. Brightlingsea?

Jo, really looking forward to defending my crown! Well, miniature coronet anyway!

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 13 January 2015 at 10:24
Bring it on Mike! Looking forward to the challenge, x

All looks good Clint i'll try and get a pass to come to Weston too, cant wait too see you all
Xx

Posted By: Barnesy
Date Posted: 13 January 2015 at 13:26
Typical. Hornet Open @ TBYC.
A no show from 2140. Messr Larke's Wedding.
Options to move?

Date Posted: 13 January 2015 at 17:30
Won't his fiance move the wedding? How damn inconsiderate!!Wink

-------------
Mike O

Posted By: Strangler
Date Posted: 17 January 2015 at 15:02
Calendar looks good to me.
Tom - the top news item says 2105 Weston Open but its details of 2014 open.

Posted By: alan williams
Date Posted: 30 January 2015 at 13:45

Hi

The CVRDA are holding their National Meeting at Roadford Lake Devon on the18th-19th July. Boats over 25years old qualify. I wondered whether this may be of interest to a section of your Assoc. Please find details at the CVRDA website cvrda.org Remember Stranglers won this.

Regards Alan Williams CVRDA Committee member and Organiser of the Nationals.

Posted By: Tobes
Date Posted: 18 February 2015 at 09:48
Please can we publish the final calendar for the year.

Date Posted: 18 February 2015 at 15:31
Apologies, I should have done this sooner. I was trying to have some inspiration for sorting an Open in Oct but have failed (any ideas of offers very welcome).

4/5th April Weston

2/3 May Port Dinorwic

23/24 May Carsington

27/28 June Stone

11/12 July Exe

Aug: Champs

26/27 September Thorpe Bay

October: TBD

Posted By: Simon
Date Posted: 18 February 2015 at 17:19
Kestrels are at Stewartby SC (J13 M1 Bedford) in October, 220 acre, with 100 acres usable for sailing might be a tad small ??

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 07:50
TBYC Calendar is out for '15. No detail of Hornets. That weekend has Finns & Contenders. May be oversight but could be worth closing out / reaffirming. Rgds.

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 15:20
Thanks for the heads up Nic. We were invited along by I think a chap called Chris Boshier (Contender sailor). I will contact him and see what gives.

Cheers

Clint

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 15:21
Thanks Simon

Not somewhere I am familiar with. Anybody know Stewartby? Mike O: as our resident "pondido" is 100 acres enough to go mad in a Hornet?

Cheers

Clint

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 17:40
Hi Clint

Yes 100 acres is plenty big enough, though the last time I was at Stewartsby there was no hot water, and a lot of fumes from coal fired brick kilns I think. Mind you, it was at least ten years ago, so it's probably fine now!

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 23 February 2015 at 11:07
Thanks Mike!

What do people think about an October final fling with the Kestrels at Stewartby?

Cheers

Clint

Posted By: Simon
Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 11:00
Fine by me.  There is the option to camp on site.

Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 14:23
It's an almost central location, no excuses not to give it a go.

-------------
Mike O

Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 18:05
Ok. Let me know if i can help anywhere.

Posted By: Tobes
Date Posted: 16 March 2015 at 15:35
Right everyone, the first open of the year is creeping up on us. Who is coming to Weston???

I'll be there and Simon Evance is sailing with Dawn again and the Netley fleet were showing signs of enthusiasm. Anyone else?

If you want to make a bit more of an event of it, there's racing on Friday as well (the Grand Slam is a three day event).  Alternatively it could be a bimbling and practice/ training day. Any thoughts?

Tobes

Posted By: maybe
Date Posted: 17 March 2015 at 13:42
Hi Toby,
I am hoping to bring 2184 down maybe Fri - Sat. I can't do Easter Sunday (family stuff), but i would like to get out on the water against some other Hornets - its probably one of the few chances i will get as most of the dates clash.
Cheers
Terry

Date Posted: 26 March 2015 at 14:13
Sorry Toby We cant come to the Weston open. Boats not quite ready, We were hoping to make it in time but its not going to happen. Hopefully we will be on the water soon. Need to get some practice in before the next open.
I'll be watching the results.
See you all soon.
Jo

Posted By: Dick Garry
Date Posted: 30 March 2015 at 20:37
Hi Toby

Nigel Skudder with Keith Hills are planning on coming up - weather permitting.
I am still waiting to hear if Matt is available.
Work pressures for Tim & Sam, mean they are unable to afford the time off.

Dick G.

Posted By: Dick Garry
Date Posted: 05 April 2015 at 19:38
Ok Tobes - just seen the results for the Grand Slam & it looks like you had a good tussle with Nigel over the weekend, but is the PY of 926 really the local handicap for the hornet. ? Shocked Confused

Dick G.

Posted By: Not only but also
Date Posted: 12 September 2015 at 00:14
TBYC open is on 26 & 27 September 2015.

NOR and SIs on TBYC website.

Racing will start at 10 to get in 3 races before the tide goes. Hotels are a short walk, and there is free on site camping and free parking of cars (get sticker from bar and display it) and boats, all next to the club, including on Friday.

Food available Friday until 9. Saturday and Sunday breakfast from 8. Saturday dinner at 7 included with race entry, friends and family bookable at registration . Note that Sunday lunch at TBYC is very busy. Other food may be available, but Sunday full carvery roast at £10 for 2 courses must be pre-booked direct with Galley, preferably days before to avoid disappointment. Prize giving around 2-2.30 ish.

This is Partner and children friendly with sea front, and 20 min stroll into Southend for promenade, longest pier, Sea Life Centre and Peter Pan's amusement park.

England v Wales Rugby world cup game at 8 p.m, will be shown on the club screen.

It would assist the Galley if we knew who was coming, so they make the right amount of grub.

I look forward to seeing many Hornets.

Gary

Date Posted: 19 September 2015 at 15:24
Thanks for the heads up Gary. 
For the uninitiated it s looking as though we are set for a fair turnout, but we could still do with some more -Starcross? Brightlingsea? Port Dinorwic?

This is likely to be the final open this year, so make the most of it.

Breeze on!

-------------
Mike O

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.18 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk