Print Page | Close Window

gybing boards

Printed From: RYA National Hornet Association
Category: Public
Forum Name: Technical
Forum Description: Discussion area for technical topics
Printed Date: 23 October 2018 at 19:32
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.18 -

Topic: gybing boards
Posted By: Harry Ashworth
Subject: gybing boards
Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 11:27
Am trying to find a pair of 'cones' for use with a gybing board in my Goodwin boat. Any ideas as to where I could obtain them?

Posted By: Simon
Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 15:21
Try a DIY store - You may be able to find a suitably shaped door stop (or you may be able to modify one?).
Failing that, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a nylon rod turned down to the correct profile.

Posted By: John Shelton
Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 16:59
Try calling Malcolm Goodwin on
01206 826171
He might have some knocking around in a draw somewhere

Posted By: Harry Ashworth
Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 16:59
thanks chaps

Posted By: Strangler
Date Posted: 01 November 2011 at 22:13
I once bought a wooden ball from diy shop and cut it in half. What else do you use them for?

Posted By: Harry Ashworth
Date Posted: 05 December 2011 at 09:57
I now have a supply of cones made from ACETAL - a nylon like product with good wear and water resistance properties. I can supply them in pairs at modest cost + postage - PM me if you need any.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.18 -
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd. -