RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refurbishing 2108

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refurbishing 2108
    Posted: 12 February 2015 at 18:08
loads of pictures from refurbishing 2108 can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157650369620750/

nearly there now :)
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
witchcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witchcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 13:22
Fantastic - if I can do half as well on my winter project I'll be pleased.
Rebuilding Hornet 1798
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2016 at 16:24
There is a trick with the refurbing - NEVER give up. There WILL be a solution.

I'm halfway through re-furbing 2038, I WILL finish it.

Just don't ask when.
Mike O
alan williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 11:15
Hi
I used to be the second owner of 2038 which we renamed  called Visionary. The previous owner Brian Hazelwood registered her as Passing Water, which did not go down we with my lady crew. Each new owner renamed her so she has had several names. The boat used to be faster than a Revo in light airs when sailed at Mayflower SC. However she then became the boat that everyone brought as a first Hornet in Plymouth, before disappearing up country. I hope you enjoy her as much as I did.
Alan Williams ex horneteer 626, 1786, 2038, 2063 and 2152.

Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 15:47
Hi Alan, forgive me for not responding sooner. I always enjoy hearing about the glory (or gory) days of my boats, so I will have to get together with you one day and see what you think of my efforts. I will also probably re-name her, looking at the spinnaker chute I think 'Mae West' would be appropriate!

If you're still sailing, you'll have to give it a try.
All the best
Mike
Mike O

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 11:14
Hi Mike
I would love to give the old girl another go. Thanks for asking. I'm now sailing the most demanding boat I have ever owned a Pata Finn. How ever I'm also having restored a Flying Fifteen. If you are ever down Devon Way you would also be welcome to have ago in them.
Regards Alan
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 13:08
You never know Alan, we have also had a note on our Facebook page (Hornet Sailing UK) from Andy Horseley who crewed for Brian Hazelwood. Did you know him as well?
Mike O
Flatbackcaper 1557 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatbackcaper 1557 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 08:59
Yes I do know Alan his brother crewed for me at Thorpe bay when we camped in the ''kennel'' he kept pulling bits of the boat as he was in the parachute regiment at the time if I remember correctly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:49
Hi
Yes I knew Andy but haven't seen him for years. However we have just got in touch with each other through face book.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic