RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad news
    Posted: 16 December 2013 at 20:14
Dear All

It is with gteat sadness that I have to write to let you know that Paul Smith has lost his fight with Luekemia

Many of you will know Paul from when he crewed for me at the Netley Nationals and other East Coast events he sailed with friends from Herne Bay and Whistable.

Tragically, Paul was diagnosed with Luekemia shortly after Netley (he had been feeling unwell during the event). Despite a long fight sadly he passed away at home this morning with family and friends.

Throughout his illness he carried himself with a smile and possitive attitude and was still a great friend and support to all who knew him. Life is cruel and has taken a true gentleman at far too young an age.

My deepest sympathy is sent to him family and friends including Colin his father, a fellow Hornet sailor. 
chris bines View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris bines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 17:51
hi toby
I am very sad too here that news!!!!!
he was a great bloke and will be sadly missed
chris
Harry Ashworth View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 07:47
very, very sad, too young. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic