RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Open Meetings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sandwich Bay Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 09:05

SANDWICH BAY

HORNETS

RESULTS

HELM

Crew

SAIL No

RACE 1

RACE 2

RACE 3

RACE 4

RACE 5

POSITION

Strangler

Pippa

First

Eric Styles

Clinton Styles

2nd

Stve

Alistair

DNS

DNS

3rd

Alex Rogers

Simon

4th

Geoff Furlong

Jim

DNS

DNS

5th

Results with one discard

Notes from Shore

Race 1 Strangler capsized in very strong gusts and allowed Eric to get through and establish a good lead

Race 2 dispite Strangler not going for the 2nd run, bore away late and managed

to get to the leeward mark ahead of Eric and held the lead.

Race 3 A most exciting spectacal (sic), especially on the downwind and second reach legs

where Eric using his local tidal knowledge to get an advantage

Race 4/5 saw wind go lighter and variable ending up make the beat bias to port, and the reaches too open

against the strong ebb tide. The Race officer shortened the course when the sausage had become two broad reaches.

Jim Jeffery

Strang. As I said, I am just about to leave on business for a couple of days. Will try and chase up photos if you could pen a few words

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 10:35
Strang.
Have e-mailed S'bay about some pics. Someone did takes some good ones and showed me them Sat eve. I will be back Wed and hopefully between us we can cobble something toegether for Y&Y.
Steve Cooke View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Cooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2012 at 12:54
A big thank you to all the friendly helpers both from Sandwich and the other boats to give me a hand up the beach after the racing on Sunday - not sure if it was the leg giving up or the sight of the boat suddenly disappearing up the beach and me unable to keep up that left me collapsed on the beach laughing!
More power, more prizes, more pain, more glory
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 14:07
Sorry Strang but haven't managed to sort Y&Y report as been away on business and now I am off to Deal as my mother is back in hospital. Also no pics from S'bay. Maybe you could do something even if brief?

Cheers

Clint
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 17:23
ok, try this eve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic