RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snodder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 23:46
Cut it half off I say!!
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 15:53

Hi All

Got a bit of time off work convolescing after a little op. I am attempting to put a crewing manual together. The idea is that a helm loans it to any new crew who has not trapezed before, so they have some idea of trapezing and Hornet layouts. Then when you thow them in at the deep end they are not totally green.

Particularly want any photos showing any crewing activity or boat systems [800x800 or less if poss]. Need a pic of a port dipping a stbd boat. If you have any ideas of what to include let me know.

Cheers Strang

[email protected]

John Shelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 09:14

Do you need a pic of a port hitting a starboard boat? I'm sure Paul Kelly can help

I think Sam Woolner took lots of pictures of the new Hornet layout, if you need something up to date.

Can I have a copy when you've finished (in big letters), as I've still got to get the hang of it

CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:10

On the snodder issue.

We are completely snodderless. Reasons are that it fell off and we couldn't be bothered to put it back on and we thought the extra room would help the old man get the kite up and down quicker (note the word thought!). Haven't noticed us going any slower than usual. Of more interest than my ramblings is a comment from Mike Mac. He has removed his snodder and the reason was with the bigger kite he wanted more room. I think he still goes ok!

Clint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic