FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Port Dinorwic open 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port Dinorwic open 2015
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 22:28
Sorry they are on the 'Hornet Sailing Uk' page
Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 10:00
Went to Facebook and could not find them. I assume you mean the Hornet Sailors page - or do you mean elsewhere.

Peter
Southpaw
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 07:38
There are some photos on Facebook
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 20:09
4 boats made it to PDSC in the end.
RACE           1 2 3   4    5 TOTAL
Jo / Corin     2 (3) 1   2    1    6
Strang / Pip   1 2 2   1 (dnf) 6
Cath / Alex   (4) 1 3   3    2    9
Mike / Jen     3 4 4 (dnf) 3    14

2 races Saturday in a strong easterly wind horrible gusts from 2knots to 25knots and back again continuesly with massive 45° shifts and rain! not pd at its best, still we managed to get 2 races in. Everyone swam at least once. The less said about it the better but both race leaders won very comfortably with huge gaps behind them.
Wonderful dinner in the club and lovely evening in the pub.

Sunday was a different day, wind was a good 3 to 4 from a much better South westerly direction and the ebing tide created lovely waves, very wet first thing but it had stoped raining by the time we arrived at the club.
Lots of sea kayakers in large groups were enjoying the water as well. one of the groups 15 of them I think, decided to join us on one of the windward legs, at least they had the good sense to stop and let us go round them. We had 2 races then a brake. Full with lunch we set off out again in to a gust that was actually the wind building to a force 5, still wind against tide and still all to play for.
Unfortunately Strang and Pip's boom snapped just after the start forcing them to retire, but still meaning Jo and Corin had to win to beet them. All bots did well to finish what turned in to very borderline conditions, with a super 2 sail reach. The race officer sensibly shortend the course after 2 laps.
Thank you to all at PD especially Ken our race officer and Lou in the galley we were well looked after. Looking forward to Carsington in just under 3 weeks.
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2015 at 00:07
So far so good!
Its looking like
5 boats so far
Alex
Me and Corin
Mark Hogan
Strang and Pip
Mike
And possibly Sam
Any one else fancy joining us?
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2015 at 14:28
Thanks for the invite Jo. Assuming I can sort the crew, will definitely be there, probably Friday night.
Mike O
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2015 at 11:31
I can find crews or helms!
Dont let that put you off.
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2015 at 11:28
Hi all PD open is coming up who is planing on coming over?
May 2nd and 3rd

£12 entry fee.
We have a weekend Regatta happening at the same time 'the Vaynol Cup'
And a social on the Saturday evening our 'Fitting out supper' Usaly 3 courses around £8-£10, I will be able to let you know soon.
Number of races has varied in the past would aim for at least 3 a day.

We can join in with the handicapped racing or have our own course and start
Depending on what we want ( I am guessing that depends on numbers)

Chris Hogan and Dave Jones, will be our race officers over the weekend, and they know a thing or two about hornets.

Start time for Saturday for vaynol cup is 1400 on Sat and 1100 on Sunday

We could do some training as well if anyone wants it?

The club will be open Friday evening from 5 Ish till around 9.30 for what we call open sailing, no organised race but safety cover will be out, galley will be open and Lou does good food and drink! :-)
Could do some training Friday night, or / and Saturday morning.
Does anyone fancy staying for a sail on Monday?

Sleeping,
You can camp on site free, but I will probably be able to find you sailors in the village to stay with. let me know.
Or you could stay in the pub :-) the Gardfon inn 2 minute walk from the club has lovely rooms no breakfast though, breakfast can be had at the club. or there is another cafe in the mariner 4 minute walk from the pub.
Let me know if you want to stay there I will go and negotiate a price for us. I'll get back to you with it.

Questions?
Jo x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic