RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torbay 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 09:58
Has anyone booked in to Liz's house?

Is anyone camping if so where?

I was thinking of one of these options and probably bringing our bikes to travel to the club on.

See you all soon
X
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 09:12
I'm camping at Widecombe Farm camp site which is just outside Torbay, but an easy drive down the back roads to the club [email protected] or 01803558325. If anyone stuck, will have caravan up on that site with 19ft x 8ft awning.01803 55832501803 55832501803 558325 
Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 09:32

IMPORTANT ALTERATION TO SAILING TIMES

A bit of a hitch with Championships.... one of the ladies (that has been a stalwart on the committee boat at Torquay for years) has just died and her funeral is taking place on the Monday of our Championships. Under the circumstances, I have agreed an earlier start on Sunday with a view to running 4 races and an earlier start of Monday running two races so the committee boat crew can be off the water in time to get to her funeral at 2pm I am awaiting an update from Paul Raymond, but expect the starts to be before 10:00am on both days
Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 18:58
FURTHER ALTERATION TO SAILING TIMES
Having agreed the racing schedule format with RTBYC  due to the sad death of one of the committee boat assistants, David Raymond (our race officer and Ex Hornet World Champ) has decided that we should show the possibility of three races on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, which gives the option to postpone the 3rd race on Saturday if necessary, but if all goes to plan gets an extra race into the bag if the weather was to cause later postponement or abandonment.
Sorry for the un-avoidable confusion. Tom will be publishing the revised SI's shortly. It may mean that the AGM has to be put back an hour, unfortunately due to notice required under our constitution I can't move to another day.
Eric
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 16:04
Only 6 days to go :-)

What time are people planning on arriving?
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 17:02
Friday - before noon.
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2014 at 21:21
FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO REMAIN IN TORBAY THE REST OF THE WEEK
Sue Penfold just confirmed that there should e no problem leaving boats on Haldon Pier for the rest of the week, however, you'll probably have to pay the harbour authorities a fee to do that..
If any wish to join club racing on the Wednesday evening that should not be a problem either, you just need to complete an entry form (no fee) and they are available on the table in the entrance hall.Approve
Eric
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 09:20
Friday afternoon

Sam - if you have a spare trapeze harness? Are you also bringing rope n wire n stuff?
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 14:18
I do have a spare harness indeed and yes I will have lots of ropes etc with me.
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 15:30
Hi Sam

I may need to get a kite measured Friday pm if traffic allows.
Jo, I'm camping at Manor Farm, wasn't any room at Widecombe. Allegedly plenty of room.
Mike O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic