RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torbay 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2014 at 22:15
       SOCIAL EVENTS ALTERED AS BELOW DUE TO 3 RACES BEING HELD ON                                                                                   SATURDAY

Sat evening...

Barbeque not happening now as we may well be off the water late, the evening has been rearranged so that the Commodores Welcome with some food available before/during the AGM.

Commodores Welcome - with free finger buffet funded by the Association in restaurant

AGM in Restaurant;

Restaurant Open after AGM and the main bar is next door.

Sunday evening,

Selection of foods from the Polish shop as snacks - Cost to be advised. Please advise on entry so we can get an idea of numbers.

Restaurant open

Will, Matt and Sam will do a musical turn, and other competitors may be asked to do a spot....Strang for the comedy and Mr Dave Edge with guitar and wind? 

Exe sails supplying some small random spot prizes for that evening.

Mon night.

Annual dinner....3 courses  choice of Menu as below - will need to make clear at registration what choice you want to make and pay on entry £15 per head.

Bar open - Bring own CD’s for music in Corinthian room side.

Tuesday, have arranged the restaurant to open, they will supply their normal menu if required and also sandwiches for journey home for those that wish it.

Prize giving set at

Dinner menu

Starter options:-

Melon and Parma ham

Chicken goujons on rocket + chilly

Melon only

Main course options:-

Beef in Madeira sauce

Loin of Pork, Apple etc

Brie and mushroom Wellington

All with “in season” choice of veggies and roast potatoes

Desert options:-

Strawberries served with or without clotted cream

Homemade treacle tart served with ice cream.

Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 09:22
Has everyone noted Royal Torbay Requirements regarding insurance

23. INSURANCE

Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £3,000,000 or the equivalent.

Most insurers are 2.5million,   I spoke to my insurers (NFU) and their next liability level was £5M but the cost was only £15 .....note this is a RTYC requirement not a Hornet Association requirement, but it is in the sailing instructions

Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2014 at 19:29
Sorry got that wrong, the AGM was apparently scheduled for SUNDAY not SATURDAY.
PLEASE NOTE AGM SUNDAY 

The committee is agreeing times for socials which I will publish as soon as I know along with confirmation of the time originally agreed for the AGM 
Eric
jimingram View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 10:13

Unfortunately Suspect Device will not be at Torbay this week.  I am tied up with Hospital appointments and tests.   I am gutted as it would have been 50 years since my first Champs in a Hornet. However you can remind your youthful Race Officer David Rayment that 51 years ago he was sailing in the champs at Brixham with Doug Bishop. They came 8th, this was 4 years before they were dominant in the class, winning World and National Champs in 67 and 68.

Big hug to Floozie, and any other yummy mummies that Shelton thinks suitable. Have a beer for me and throw a beer mat.

Have a great time Jim

jim
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 13:27
Thanks Jim, my memories can only go back part way....you will be missed at Torbay as well as Suspect Device....hope all goes well with the tests and I know the whole of the Hornet fleet is routing for you and hoping that everything goes well for you. They as I really appreciate the hard work you have done holding the class together......to those who have never been on committees, secretary is probably the hardest job.
We will be having a card signing at the event to wish you all the best and to say thank you - thanks 
Eric
Eric View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 13:31

To confirm AGM is 17th August 18:00hrs

Eric
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2014 at 16:45
I'll let you know about the yummie mummies Jim - nothing slips by. All the best mate, and I'll have several beers in your name
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 14:01
Sorry to hear you wont be at Torbay Jim and very best of luck with your health. I must admit GBR2081 will not be there either but we still have the boat and hope to get back to the circuit at some point. Hope everyone has a great time.

Clint
Sam Woolner View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Woolner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 17:39
Sorry to hear you won't be there Jim, you'll be missed, we will have a few beers for you (or more than a few). Beer mats at the ready!

Take care & all the best

Sam & Will
2108 Ultimatum

Exe Sails & Covers

Topsham

WWW.EXESAILS.COM

[email protected]
Dick Garry View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Garry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2014 at 11:18
Big congratulations to Will McGrath & Sam Woolner on winning the 2014 European Championships.
It was an impressive performance (watching from the sidelines) putting together a very low  consistent series, given the challenging wind conditions that were thrown at the fleet over the 4 days.

Now comes the tricky bit - winning another title. Wink

Dick G.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic