RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracing Hornet owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonsilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2006 at 16:30

Hi,

Further to bazdock post, the Herne Bay boats are:

2055 Barry Dock

2090 James & Guy Alexander

2107 Chris Brealy (I believe his father still has 1030 which he had built by Rigdens in Whitstable)

2176 Duncan Oliver

Cheers

Jon

BTW Harry - How is 2156?

jonsilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonsilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2006 at 16:44

Hi again,

Building on Harry's idea, in the Merlin Rocket class where I have now ended up (appeal of Carbon rig and sailing at Whitstable), the yearbook has various lists of boats and members.

One is each boat and name used (idea is that the boat is generally known by it's name not number and the name is not re-used. Quaint and I think quite nice)

Another is list of sail numbers and last known owner.

Another lists the sail number and builder & design (design not really and issue in the Hornets except Revo or not).

Obviously this information is only available to members which should encourage membership and as it requires a certain amount of work by the association to maintain this is how it should be.

Information also included in the yearbook is previous Championship & curcuit winners and the boat they sailed.

Jon

Harry Ashworth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Ashworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 19:11
thanks chaps keep them coming
Brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 10:57

HI Harry

Lord Lucan here.

Also at Starcross

2077 Tim Coombe

2099  Brett Gregson (Lord Lucan)

2131 Christopher Lawrence Webb

2165? Sam Woolner

Regards

Brett

Will McGrath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will McGrath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 20:48

2165 is Sam's number, just incase you were unsure!

olly, i like to think 2108 (Ultimatum) is mine though not my dads, as i'm the one who sails it

Hornet 2108 - Ultimatum
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2006 at 22:49
Duncan West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 08:38

hi all,

as promised a list from PDSC and a few others

Number Owner Club
2039  Ieuan Williams Ian Carrol PDSC
2072  Alex Rogers PDSC
2075  Ken Newing PDSC
2076  Brett Metcalfe PDSC for sail
2112  Linsy Price PDSC
2114  Catthy Goodwin PDSC
2115  Jo Powell PDSC
2132  Strangler
2148  Bethan Henshal PDSC for sail
2155  Duncan West PDSC
2157  Alex Rogers PDSC
2170  Eric Marchbanks SBSWC
2171  Tom Guy Netlay SC
2178  Eric Marchbanks SBSWC
2181  Martin Arnistan
2182  Kevin Burt Barry Miller Netlay SC
????  Carpark Hull only PDSC
????  Pete Hadfeald PDSC

hope this helps and i will look in to the two boats with out a number.

Duncan

Duncan West View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan West Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 08:23

Pete Hadfeald boat is 2053, still being dry stored for the last few years, awating fitting out.

Duncan

mikethelark View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikethelark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 21:00

Hi Harry, and Alex too - I'm the guilty party to buying the last Hornet advertised on Ebay - No 1051, and it is in quite a state. As you live quite near to me I will be contacting you very shortly.

I normally sail a Lark up at South Staffs (junction 12 M6!!) and this is really just a bit of fun for when the club goes to the seaside at Newquay at the end of June. Frankly, if I can get it into one large sailable lump for then, the next trick will be to walk on water!!!

However, I sent my crew a picture of a Hornet in full flight, suggesting that she might enjoy a change of perspective, and she hasn't said 'NO!!'  -yet??? So we'll see what happens. It has obviously been a great looking boat in the past.   . . . time will tell.

Bye for now.

Mike O
Simon View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2006 at 13:15

Maldon's boats are

2127 Simon Evance

2064 (Herbal T) Simon White (think this is the right number)

2103 Dean Saxton

2153 Same Grasse

2137 Iain & Richard Marshal

2162 (Just Blue)  Adrian Moss (Think the nubers right

2037 ? Adrian Moss  Again, think the numbers right.

Simon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic