RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trolley needed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhapshott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trolley needed.
    Posted: 21 December 2015 at 17:58
Hi,

Does anyone in the Solent area have a hornet trolley that I could borrow for a weekend in January? Or know of a similar one that will fit?

Some may be aware of my boat, 941, in Cowes Classic boat museum. We need to move her to a new site before the end of January, and the original trolley/trailer for 941 was lost long ago, (she now sits on rests)
I have a west Mersea 275 road trailer, which I think should be about right. But need something to hold the boat and maintain her beautiful paint job!
The borrow would be for a weekend only!

Thanks!

Andrew
Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2015 at 21:19
Andrew,

I do not have a Hornet trolley, so sorry I do not have one to loan you.

However, I am in the process of collating a database of Hornets, particularly Classic ones. have sent you a message.

Peter
Southpaw
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2015 at 22:51
I would happily lend you my trolley to move her on, my hornet is currently resting on tires being worked on. Big snag though, I am in North Wales, I am sure there will be one much closer to you that is a lot more practical for you to use. But if you start to get desperate let me know. Jo

Are you on Facebook? Lots of hornet sailors follow a page on that as well as this forum.
If your not on Facebook I could post a message for you on there if it would help?
Awhapshott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awhapshott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 00:12
Thank you both for replies;
- Southpaw, I shall reply to PM... :-)
- Floozie - thank you for your kind offer of a trolley; I have decided I am going to give it a go with a 49er trailer and trolley (and lots of padding!) I hope it will be ok as hasn't too far to go. I am on Facebook, I will pop up there anyway but I think I have a reasonable plan for now!

Thanks again,

A

Southpaw View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 20:55
Awhapshott.

Thanks for your reply, will contact you in the next fortnight with the questionnaire.

Peter
Southpaw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic