RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > Events - Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Use of the Events - Championships forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use of the Events - Championships forum
    Posted: 31 May 2004 at 11:10
The eventes - championships forum should be used to discuss topics relating to the annual championships.

Edited by administrator
Robert H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 10:22

I crewed for Robin Judah in his leaky old Hornet no. 298 at the Championships sailed off Copenhagen in the late 60s. Despite our boat's inadequacies we finished second overall and might have done even better had her hull not filled during a capsize at a gybe mark.

Does the Hornet class have a record of that event and does anyone have a magazine report of the event? Thank you

alex_rogers View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 00:14
might not be in the right place but intersting to hear about events when the hornet was an international class
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 12:28

You can try Times Online. There are some Hornet reports from the 60s there, but I do not remember that particular one.

Access via your council library website. You will need a library card no. [or someone elses].

Anyone got any 60s Y&Ys?

roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 16:42
Strang /Alex try cvrda. Someone just sent me a copy of May 1959 Light Craft magazine with picture of Shoestring at Burnham as the cover photo.
Strangler View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 17:19

Wow! Any chance of a scanned copy of the cover.

Did you get my gasket article Rog?

Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 17:19

do we know when next years championship is to be held, cost, etc?

And don't tell my 2009.....

roger View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 08:42
Yes strang I got that thanks. I will try and get a copy of the pic to you as soon as.
Barnesy View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 11:46
Further to Tom's post is it still planned to be in Abersoch?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic