RYA National Hornet Association Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public > General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - where do i get hold of a decent second hand boat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where do i get hold of a decent second hand boat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where do i get hold of a decent second hand boat
    Posted: 26 July 2014 at 20:29
Hi All,
I quite like the look of hornets.
but I have never sailed one. I live on the south coast, I have mainly sailed single handers, also Merlins and Ospreys. Does anyone out there have a competitive boat that they are considering putting up for sale???
Tx
Tom Guy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 12:23
Sorry 'maybe' - this has only just been posted as it was awaiting moderator approval (I was on holiday)
Guys - any more boats out there?
John Shelton View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2014 at 14:29
where are you on the south coast? You're welcome to come to Shoreham if you want to have a go in a Hornet (or anything else come to that)
Don't know of any for sale though other than 2184 on the For Sale board
Tobes View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 15:18
Where are you based. There are a few boats on Southampton Water at various clubs.

Also what is your budget, I may know of a boat or two that could be made available.
jugman View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2014 at 20:16
Hi....
After much thought I have decided to sell my Hornet, 2128 a modified Goodwin Revolution.
Comes with combi trailer two sets of sails and more control lines than you could ever imagine.

All in good condition.

Will be posting in boats for sale and also Appollo Duck

PM if interested

Cheers

Jonathan
floozie 2115 View Drop Down
Members
Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floozie 2115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2014 at 23:18
Hi all
We talked at the agm, of the class association buying some boats, how about starting with this one? Its in Merseyside so easy for someone from PDSC to collect it. What do you all think?
Jo
CLINT View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 10:56
Hi Jo.

GBR2128 has come to the attention of the Committee. I will give them a poke. Did anyone make contact with "Maybe"? Would be better if it went to a sailor ahead of the class.

Cheers

Clint
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic