On the stand you’ll be able to check out the first new Hornet dinghy for a significant number of years and book your very own test sail. You’ll also be able to chat with members of the class association about what’s on the agenda for the Hornet Class in 2019.
“The Hornet dinghy is a high performance, single trapeze sailing dinghy suitable for mixed or family crews. With its ‘slim, easily-driven hull’ it is unique amongst performance sailing dinghies and allows the boat to be driven hard upwind with the ability to plane to windward”, commented Eric Marchbanks, Hornet Class Chairman.
Come join the team and a host of national champions on the stand and view the NEW BOAT. With a packed calendar events throughout 2019 the Hornet Class has plenty to offer.
“We are a very friendly class where crews help each other, talk to each other and enjoy getting together socially – come for a trial sail and find out how accommodating the Hornet fleet can be”, added Eric.
Some of the regattas lined up for 2019 include:
- March 2nd/3rd Sailboat 2019, Alexandra Palace
- April 21st Bala – Easter Regatta (Welsh series #1)l
- April 27th/28th Llandudno ( Welsh Series #2)
- May 4th/5th Port Dinorwic (Welsh Series #3) TT
- May 18th/19th Brightlingsea TT
- June 8th/9th Exe Regatta (hosted by Starcross YC) TT
- July 6th/7th The Lord Birkett (hosted by Ullswater SC) – Swarm?
- August 17th-20th National Championships (hosted by Stone SC)
- Aug 31st/Sep 1st Herne Bay TT
- October 5th/6th Netley TT
- October 19th/20th Rutland Swarm – Provisional
For more information about the Hornet Class Association.