What the association does for you, and some reasons why you should join if you sail a Hornet …
Without a strong and active class association a class dinghy would have but a short lived life. The Hornet has thrived as a class over the last 65+ years because an active class association has been working hard behind the scenes to maintain the class and boat as a whole.
Aims and activities of the class association:
- Promotion of the class to the public
- Encourages class development at a sensible pace
- Works to maintain residual boat value / prices, and maintain a secondhand boat list
- Organises the National & European championships
- Coordinates various Open Meetings
- Keeping members informed about the Association’s activities
- Arranging the Class presence at the Dinghy Exhibition
- Produces this website, which includes a members-only features
- Sends you class newsletter twice a year
- Maintains a class boat allowing anyone to try a hornet for free
Full membership of the Class Association costs only £30 per year, with reduced rates for Junior and offshore memberships. As well as supporting the Association, there are a number of benefits for the member:
- Class Website with interactive and lively discussion forums, a ‘for sale’ areas were you can advertise for free, a photo gallery, great video footage, a comprehensive events calendar, and results listings. Plus much more…..
- Yearbook Members have access to an online yearbook containing event listings, Championship results and details of sailing clubs and fleet captains.
- Newsletters\Mainsail Magazine Three newsletters each year with event information and results, news from the regions, and useful articles.
- Discount on insurance Receive a discount when renewing your insurance with Craftinsure.